B 70 lock up on 3500SD

Username: Bp0118

Post Number: 1
Hi ...I read about how to unlock from b 70...but i cant find GTRom Loader V3.36 and the bin file that i need to load... plz help...

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 962
try future-ftadotinfo. the official pansat site.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13577
U shouldn't be locked on b70...U need to upgrade the boot to b80 and using loader 35.01...

U can't load new bins with VERY OLD b70 boot...

Post Number: 2
i tried upgrading to b80 but the loader shows downloading 0% and then erros out saying "flash update fail"

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 966
try this
1 -have everything connected
2 - have loader open and boot file 80 ready
3 - have stb off on the rear switch
4 - hit download on loader and then turn rear switch on. this may take a couple of tries.

good luck

Post Number: 4
i did try that..n it didnt work....the only thing that i havent tried is LK's solution of using GTRom Loader V 3.36 or 3.37 ...i m looking on the fta site u pointed me too.....no luck so far...
i want to try everything before i resort to Jtag...i feel like its not completly dead yet :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13578
B80 Upgrade package with instructions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE UPGRADE B-80 Boot file before upgrading newer Bin File.
Unfortanatly Boot file can not be done by SD card short cut!
ALL users need to use Loader.
---------------------------------
Needed tools and Software.
1. Loader Version 35.01
2. Null Serial Cable
3. Boot File b-80 (Will be included in a ZIP File)
4. API File
---------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT Download latest BIN Version (x-05bl_061120_b80_300eubx_api.zip) before upgardin to b-80.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Instuctions
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Connect Null modem serial cable PC-REC.
2. Open loader Version 35.01 then Select file type (Boot File only).
3. Open Browser and select b-80 Boot File which will be including in a ZIP.
4. Turn the receiver power on and wait minimum aprox 7-8 secounds then click Download to avoid possible error.
5. Wait till completed, (Will be rebooted it self).
6. Then select file type to (APP File only) then upgrade to Version (x-05bl_061120_b80_300eubx_api.zip) APP file download also can be done by SD Memory.
7. Please DO NOT power off or unplug the cable untill its completed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please as remind only Pansat 3500S/SD need this following instruction.

NOTE....step 6 states that SD card may be used to upload latest bin, BUT it has created many problems, so its suggested here, NOT TO USE THE SD CARD and continue to use the cable for loading....also pay attention to step #4 and #6 again, and wait before U download.

MORE INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE .ZIP FILE...I SUGGEST U READ THEM...

http://www.ftaprosupport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3546

Attached Files
B80 upgrade package.zip (372.0 KB)
b80 boot file.zip (7.4 KB)

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 970
damn LK you i was about to post the same info. good post DON.lol

Post Number: 5
thanks LK... but i already have the information you gave me....
i had put in incorrect bin files earlier and that caused the b-70 lock up....
so i need the loader and file you mentioned in your thread below....the site you mentioned doesnt work.....

RECOVER FROM b-70 LOCK-UP ERRORS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE OLD, but still needed, NULL MODEM, WAY:

You must use this method to RECOVER FROM b-70 LOCK-UP ERRORS - which may be caused by corrupted or improper bins - channel or code.

1. Using the switch on the back of the receiver, turn the power OFF.

2. Securely, connect the RS232 Null Modem cable (#2,3 crossed) between the receiver and the PC.

3. Open the GTRom Loader V3.4 (Pansat 3500S).

4. Click and browse to select the unzipped Factory Bin File which is to be downloaded.

5. Select FILE TYPE: APP FILE ONLY

6. Power up the 3500 with the switch on the back and as soon as you see the front display flash b-70, hit the download button of the GTRom loader.

7. Do not interrupt the receiver or its' power while downloading until after it re-boots on its own.

8. Press OK after "Download Complete!!" appears on the PC screen.

Unless you need to re-flash from a constantly displayed b-70, you really should use the SD card - it's faster and easier on the cables and equipment.

BL Loader, Factory Bin and Channel Editor attached as 3500s.zip
Attached Files 3500S.zip

[link removed]

BTW...this fix can be applied to any Pansat model...just use a different loader, the correct cable and the appropriate factory bin for your model

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 971
this is what your looking for at this link.
http://ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=156

File Type: zip X-05BL Loader v3.40 [X-05BL].zip (112.9 KB, 51 views)

Post Number: 6
and it doesnt like this one either :-(

any other suggestions?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13579
bp...the www.ftaprosuport.com link DOES work...but U must register (FREE) at any site before these direct links will work!...I linked U DIRECTLY to the files U need!...NOBODY can help U anymore than I just did!...U have to do some things on your own!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13581
bp...the www.ftaprosupport.com link DOES work...but U must register (FREE) at any site before these direct links will work!...I linked U DIRECTLY to the files U need!...NOBODY can help U anymore than I just did!...U have to do some things on your own!

Post Number: 7
sorry i meant this link doesnt work [link removed]

its from one of ur old posts...
trust me i dont like being spoonfed :-)

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 975
bp did you remove the * in com.

Post Number: 8
yes :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13586
The old links to dsscommunity have all changed due to a recent server update..

Post Number: 9
oh ok...do you recall which GTRom and bin you were referring to in your old post?
it was only about 1.5 yr ago :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13589
I have a Pansat? 3500S/SD (b-80) model which displays a ?b-80? message on the front LED screen and the SD memory card function is not accessible. The television screen is blank and there is no menu displayed. What can I do to repair the receiver?

Answer: This situation can occur when the receiver?s direct power source is interrupted before download is complete. The ?b-80? message signifies that the receiver has lost all of its saved memory data. Do not panic. The receiver?s memory can be restored to its normal condition by downloading software from your computer to the receiver. You can use the boot method download from your computer by using a null modem data cable connected to the receiver. After you connect the receiver to your computer, use one of the following two methods:

1. Turn the receiver?s main power off (use reset switch on back panel). Open the GTRom Loader v35.01 (Pansat 3500S). Check xxx.pansatusa.com download section 3500S/SD(b-80) software to get V35.01 GTRom Loader. Next, open the bin file (The file should be dated Nov 20, 2006 or after ) to download. First, mouse click on the download then immediately turn the receiver power on. A dot on the receiver?s LED display will move left to right while the computer counts down from 1-100%. If successful, a ?ON? or channel number will appear on the receiver?s LED display. If the download has failed, the ?b-80? message will appear again on the LED display and the computer will read that the action has failed. Try this method again or use method #2.

2. Turn the receiver?s power off and then back on. As soon as the ?b-80? message appears on the front LED display, click download on the GTRom Loader v35.01 with your computer.

If, after trying the above two methods, you continue to experience technical problems with the receiver, send it back to Panarex for repair. Please refer to the policy and procedure statement attached below.

*** If the unit shows ?b-70? constantly, it should be recovered first by using same boot method download with any old api file dated before Nov 19, 2006. Check www.pansatusa.com download section 3500S/SD model to get GTRom Loader v35.01 and May 26, 2006 api file.

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 981
i bet his timing is off when he hits download.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13590
Maybe this is what U want....used during b70 days..

loader 3.40
old factory bin 117 060105...Jan 5, 2006
channel editor

[link removed]

hope this helps..

Post Number: 10
no luck with that either ....i think it just needs to b dropped/kicked...jk
LK and RTAP.....thanks for all the help..you guys are doing a great thing here :-)
btw...can u guys recommend a good receiver..

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 985
viewsat,sonicview,and conaxsat is getting great support to.all are great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us