Archive through January 02, 2007

Unregistered guest
I have a mitsubushi cs 40601 1993 40in tv and all the settings such as brightness, contrast, tint, etc... just keep coming on by themselves and go all the way down and everything freezes up it has a little box that pops out with all the buttons on it and none of them work when this happens not even the remote will do anything. I believe its the little remote box on the t.v is going bad does anybody know anything about this problem or where to find parts or the little remote box on the t.v. it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Unregistered guest
Anyone have the SErvice menu Codes for a Mitsubishi 62528 LCD TV??

I need to check my total lamp "Time"

--paul

Unregistered guest
I purchased a WS-65413 about a year and a half ago. Just recently something happened to my TV. I can only get a good quality picture if I use the DTV setting on the TV. Anything else (ANT-A, ANT-B, Comp1 & 2, Input 1, 2 & 3) the picture looks "washed out". I tried setting the TV back to the original factory settings but that didn't help. Do you have any suggestions? Do you know what could be wrong?

Anonymous

I have a mitsubishi ws55711. The green light blinks continuosly and I am unable to power on the television. Nothing allows me to get the light from blinking and being able to turn the set on. Any suggestions?

Brazeale
Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi model#VS-508R,twenty years old.Is there anyone interested in parts such as bulbs ,screen etc. the picture still comes in but not to my expectations of watching tv.

yonoid
Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi VS-6021R, about 15 years old. A yellow spot has developed in the center of the screen. Is the only solution replacing the picture tube or is this problem able to be fixed by cleaning something? And would it have to be done by a technician?

H Henner
Unregistered guest
I have a WS65857. Is there any way to independanyly adjust the color guns? My mit seems to have too much red and I would like to lower the red guns level. Can anyone please help or just let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Any help for an old 1991 27" Mitsubishi TV Receiver Model No. CS-2710RA? My picture looks like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album cover....all black with a 1" multi-color horizontal line in the center. The sound is fine. Can it be repaired? I really can't shell out $1,000+ for new technology right now. Thanks!

PADGE
Unregistered guest
I have a Mitsubishi hd 1080...went to turn it on the other day and the green power light came on stayed on for about 5 seconds then powered back off. tv has been working great until then...any suggestions and approx. cost

Anonymous

I have w s 55809 mitsubishi hd tv .Green light comes on at startup and I hear a relay click and it shuts off in 3 seconds. what can i check?

Unregistered guest
MY VS5041 MITSUBISHI WILL NOT TURN ON. THERE IS NO AUDIO EITHER.WHEN YOU TURN THE TV ON YOU CAN HEAR THE CAPACITORS CHARGE UP BUT STILL NO PICTURE , OR SOUND ,OR INDICATING POWER ON LAMP.
DO ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THE REPAIR WILL COST AND ARE THE PARTS OBSELETE.

THANKS

peterborough1
Unregistered guest
i have a model vs-50va2ca 50" projection.the part #935c4400 is going. any sugestions where i could find this part?

Username: Osassymom

Post Number: 1
Ok, I have a question that I don't think has been posted before and I am desperate for some help!!!! Off the top of my head I do not know the model but it is a 46in. mitsubishi and I need to know HOW to CLEAN the projection screen. With two kids there is marks on it and last night one of my kids decided to put deoderant on the screen. HELP!!! How do I clean this screen????????

Bronze Member
Username: Tsl90

Edmond, OK United States

Post Number: 54
3yr old Mits55511 (55" old style big screen w/HD tuner). Slid it out away from the wall - gently I promise) today to hook up my new HD DVR and now it won't turn on. When I press the power button it turns green for a moment and then within a few seconds turns back off. I've tried the reset button without success. I'm afraid I'm screwed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

TL

Username: Forensicscience

We have a Mitsubishi TV, model CS35301, that has lost its picture. The screen is black with a single horizontal line across the middle; the line was bright blue but changed into a rainbow line. There is no sound. I've tried unplugging the TV and plugging it back in but to no avail. A year ago, the picture was rolling horizontally until I replaced the 7001 capacitor, which fixed the problem. Everything else has been fine until now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Username: Jerryrigger

I have mits. vs-55601.Blue light was off to the right about two inches.Could not adjust back in convergeces. I put a half inch rubber washer under the two inner mounting screws of the blue light to tilt it inward.That brought the blue back over to were i could adjust the convergeces in the user menu.

Username: Biggies

London England

Sorry, that last message was garbled - try this version : I have a Mitsubishi TV model CT-2145 BMV. It's not too new but works fine and has good picture quality. I want to hook up a Sony Digital Tuner / DVD Recorder to it but it has no audio or video input plugs or scart input sockets. The Sony can use a variety of connections from it to the TV but the TV has no input connections (other than the coaxial aeriel socket). Can audio /video input connections be added to the TV by someone suitably qualified, or is it not possible to use a digital tuner and / or DVD with this model TV ?

Adrian

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 817
Adrian, you need an RF converter. Use this link and scroll down to the second unit (listed for £20). That should solve your problem.

http://www.threedoubleyou.com/rfmodulators.htm

Username: Biggies

London England

Post Number: 2
John,
Problem Solved - that's really helpful. Have ordered the RF Converter
Many thanks !
Adrian

Username: Planeracer

Post Number: 3
Anonymous,

Check converg. fuses and converg. ics.

Username: Riwat

Apple Valley, CA United States

I am looking for some help. My 2 year old 65" Mitsubishi rear projection TV (model #WS-65513) is powering itself off after a few seconds due to the apparent common problem of one of the tubes leaking onto the signal board. I paid an authorized service tech $45 to diagnose the problem. Is the signal board replacement available? We paid $3500.00 for this set. I am hugely disappointed in the lack of reliability and hope that buyers can be better informed before buying Mitsubishi. My question is: Are there other inherent problems with these TV's? Also, I am searching for someone who may be able to repair or replace the board for a reasonable cost. Can you tell me where the signal board is located in the TV, so I can try to get some numbers off of it?

Username: Nonu1

I want to try and fix the problem with my TV, myself if possible. I have a VS45605 and the picture continually rolls. It started a few months ago when we turned it on, now it starts bad for a couple of minutes then clears up and then rolls continuously after about a 1/2 hour. Is there anything I can do or is it something that I need help with? We have had the TV for 6 or 7 years and have had no problems until now.

Post Number: 9
lEW,
4 caps must be replaced on signal board. I think
2 of them 100mf x 16v 2- 47mf x 16v. I know where they located, but i dont remember location #'s. I'll let you know locations later.
Richard E Watson,
Wow, leaked ? 2 years old! Probably you have to replace a tube and signal board, But, you can replace a signal board only and put a small piece
of plactic on top of board. let a liquid to run over the board. Part # for board is 930B905001-65
and retail price is : 325.00 USD from mits.
You will need to do converg. and geometry adjustments after board replacement.

Username: Scottpscott

I can purchase a Mitsu WS-65413 two years old for $400 from a friend. The protoctor screen is gone and the ridged screen has a small crack in it and some scratches. This was from getting it down the basement. The parts are $375 from Mitsu delivered to me. A) Can I replace these screens myself? B) Is it worth it for this TV? The TV seems to work fine mechanically and I got the manual to see that it comes apart in two pieces to move. They didn't know that and moved the TV as a whole. Thus the scrapes and scratches.

Username: Matt_sue_bushy

To anyone having trouble powering up/down their TV... try holding the power and device buttons down for like five seconds... or try power-menu button combo for 5 seconds... see what happens. This works for my 65711

Username: Nicksrin

I have 3 year old Mits 65611. It started developing intermittent flickering (total distortion of picture) and theer will be cracking sound. I can see that all the three guns flickering at teh same time. It keeps hapenning intermittently. Is this a high voltage block issue? Thanks in advance.

Username: Kenseattle

can anyone help me. i just moved and my mitsubishi hd 1080 tv has the power green that comes on and then fades out. no sound/picture or anything. is the bulb out on the tv? it was fine the morning i moved it. i appreciate any and all help. ken in seattle here. hienhoang1@yahoo.com

Post Number: 10
what is the model?

Username: Kenseattle

Hey, Ken again. the model with the power problem is WT 42311. hope someone can help me. thanks

Username: Stephen2006

i have a mitsu ws-b55. first, it powered up but the channels kept changing. i held down the channel button on the tv and it worked fine. the next day, it didnt even power up. the 125v 10a fuse where the power supply plugs in doesnt look blown. i dont see any leakage. and i have tried the power/device power/menu options mentioned in another post. any ideas? thanks. 8496927@gmail.com

Username: Whanna

Bakersfield, California USA

We have a 7 1/2 year old MItsubishi 50" TV which was working great until a week ago. Now after watching it for about an hour it clicks and the picture gets darker. We can still watch it but the picture is much darker. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Username: Cal95

I bought a Mitsubishi 62" widescreen
WD 62526

I got it on and the image is working but only shows up in blue and white (similar to old black and white tvs). Has anyone had this same problem and if so, is this a settings issue or should I return/exchange this TV. Any information would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Username: Deathshead1

I have a small problem or big depending on your point of view but anyway here goes. I have a Mitsubishi HDTV 1080 Intergrated that was given as a gift (I know a little old but it does the job) the problem is my daughter touched something on the front panel and now when you tunr on the T.V. the little green light goes meaning the T.V. is on on butin about three seconds the T.V. automatically shuts off. Any solutions? I've tried EVERYTHING! I don't have the owner's manual so I don't know if the answer may be in there, someone plese help!

Username: Zurcrolim

I have a 55" Mitsubishi HD 1080 Model WS55413 I bought from Fry's Electronics two years ago. I saw my problem to be in some of the postings. I turn it on, the relay clicks and the green light turns on. After approx 3-4 seconds it turns off.
About the leaking coolant unto the signal board, I don't suspect that this is my problem, since during the first year, I saw this problem maybe two to three times but always turns on on the 2nd try. And it has been working for the past six or eight months continuosly. So I did not pay any attention to it. But now, the problem is consistent. Although at one time, I left it for a week and not use it, and when I tried it it worked and we watch TV. After I turned it off, it's the same thing again. If you're lucky, every few days it might turn on and you can watch for hours with no problems. I also tried the idea of pressing the power and device buttons or the power and menu buttons with no results. I guess that is for the controller board if the problem was there. Where do you find the answers to these postings? Is it directed to your email address?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 968
Where do you find the answers to these postings? Is it directed to your email address?

Sorry to have to inform you Milor, but there isn't a staff of trained professionals handing out free fixit advice to all these poor folks with problems on this thread. People keep posting here not only because it's free and it assuages their feeling of helplessness, but also maybe, just maybe, they hope a knight in shining armor will show up and make their TVs whole again. Read this post and pay particular attention to point #3.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/309140.html#POST551252

Username: Lmendoza2006

Santa Ana, CA USA

I have a Mitsubishi big screen tv, model #W554513 and after a couple of hours of being on it will turn itsel off. Does anybody know why it would do this? The service person told me that it could be the cable that we have connected to the TV

Username: Horejsh02

Menomonie, WI USA

I have an old mitsubishi big screen tv and everytime the power goes out the screen turns blue and asks for a password to unlock the channels. Its stuck on EXT-1 asking for a password to unlock it. Is there a way to get this off with some code or password? I've tried everything there is to try! Thanks Jake

Username: Dominique

New york city , New york Usa

Hi everyone I a hoping that maybe you can help me. I have a Mitsubishi Big Screen TV Vs-5006R. It seems that maybe the projector has moved from position as all I get when I turn it on is very wavey lines and no adjusting of the remote seems to make it stop. Any ideas on how I can fix this. Could really use some help on this one

Username: Dominique

New york city , New york Usa

Hi everyone I a hoping that maybe you can help me. I have a Mitsubishi Big Screen TV MB-525. It seems that maybe the projector has moved from position as all I get when I turn it on is very wavey lines and no adjusting of the remote seems to make it stop. Any ideas on how I can fix this. Could really use some help on this one

Username: Oak

I have a 60 inch Mitsi, VS-60609 that went out only after 4 years. It has no video and sound (dark screen). Let me describe it below:
1. On Tuesday last week, I turn it on, screen was flicked (the face filled in and out, didn't fix the screen), After a few minutes, it shut out automatically;
2. Then, I turn it on again, it had the same problems about, After a few minutes, it shut out automatically and totally;
3. And a little bit of burning smell can be smelled.

Thanks,

Username: Jamesk

I have a mitshu rear projestion VS-5047.The picture is only in the left top 1/4 of the screen. Also it is mostly balck & white. Any ideas to fix it?

Username: Maxmasters

Post Number: 5
I have a Brand New Mit 62527 and the manual. I have no clue if it applies to your distinct model but let me list here what it says about the DGL (Damn Green Light) for my 62527:
GREEN STEADY: TV is powered ON
GREEN RAPID BLINKING:
1) Just plugged into AC outlet--Wait 1-2 MIN--NORMAL
2) AC Just restored after Power outage--Wait 1-2 MIN-NORMAL
3) TV Rebooting after system reset--Wait 2 minutes before turning back on--Normal
4) TV rebooting after power fluctuation or recvg abnormal digital signals from Dig Channel, CableCARD, or Dig Device--Wait 1-2 MIN-Normal
5) You have begun the procedure to update software from an authorized flash memory card--see instructions for software update

GREEN SLOW BLINKING:
TV powered OFF and auto-on timer is set--NORMAL

That's what it says...if the GREEN light you are seeing is STEADY, I plead insanity...Hope this helps someone, if not I tried...

Username: Screamer

I've got a 99 Mits WT46805. The picture faded out and never came back one night. The service tech said it was because the CRT's were leaking onto the service board!(This is something that should'nt happen). He was able to clean up the board and build a shield, but said it's still dying and the CRT's are not worth replacing. I contacted Mits customer service and told them the problem,they told me the same thing as the tech. After three faxs with the service bill, my Mits 3Diamond charge and sales receipt. They decided to give me a voucher for a new tv(Blue book $757.00). I'm not happy that it happened but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye. Hope this helps some.

Username: Limo_man

Montville, NJ

I have 2000 VS45607 Won't stay on. Green light comes on for a second and goes right off. Has anyone had one fixed? Was it worth it?

Username: Tvmeister

I have a 16 year old Mits CK35MX3 that won't turn on unless I remove the fuse and replace it. Then it turns on for a few seconds, then shuts off.

Had a beautiful picture yesterday!

Thanks,

tvmeister

Username: Tvmeister

sorry just realized I probably posted in the wrong area, my set has a tube

Username: Ezboys

HD 1080 diamond series televison has green outline on all images..picture ok but no where near quality it was..Can anyone help

Username: Ezboys

Mitsubitshi HD 1080 diamond series televison has green outline on all images..picture ok but no where near quality it was..Can anyone help

Username: My2angelsav

Whitsone, New york Us

HI- I HAVE A MITUSBISHI 65 INCH PROJECTOR TV. ITS 3 YEARS OLD. IT JUST STARTED TO SEE DOUBLE-RED AND BLUE PICTURE I TRIED TO ALINE IT AS IN THE MANUAL-STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM, CAN ANYONE HELP ME, HOPEFULLY I CAN FIX IT .. THANKS

Username: Timmy2tone

I have a Mitsubishi 50" VS-5006R big screen. It's already been in the shop once for the same problem of clicking on, then right back off. I believe the vertical hold IC was bad. Is this on the power supply board? I'm willing to try and change it myself but not spend any more money on it. Any helpful comments appreciated

Username: Waltairhouse

I have a Mitsubishi HD Diamond Series 65" projection TV, Model Number WS-65907. I bought the TV in Nov 2000. The RBG convergence is a major issue on these models as reported by John, Erica and Tim above. These problems start any where from 3 to 5 years of operation. Mistsubishi knows this a defect and wants consumers to pay hefty service and parts which can run up to $800. You can't fix this manually using the advanced features in the Menu, even though you align the Red, Blue and Green, this is a temporary fix for a few days. I called Mitsubishi and they said it would cost $200 for a service technician to come and run diagnostics and an additional $500 for parts and labor (this is only an estimate). I am hoping if some one can suggest any success tricks and tips in fixing this issue.

Username: Ronny109

I own a vs-5403. i noticed a problem earlier on this board that was similar to mine. turn on the tv and it will be fine for a few minutes to a couple hours then the screen will go blank but there will be sound. sometimes the screen will come back for a few seconds if left on. but other times it will take hours before you even bother turning the tv back on cause the screen wont work. figure it probably is the signal board but i dont know where or what it looks like. can someone help me cause last time i had this problem it cost alot and took us forever to get the tv back.

Username: Snowolfe

I have a Mistsubishi VS 50607 it turns on and then about 3 seconds later it turns off. If I leave it unplugged for a period of time and then plug it in and turn on the TV it will stay on for about 15 to 20 minutes before going back into the only on for 3 second mode. Any help would be appreicated.
Thanks
Bush

Username: 91605

hi ,
please help me , i have a Mitsubishi HD 55" projection TV, Model Number WS-55511 . I saw my problem to be in some of the postings. I turn it on, the relay clicks and the green light turns on. After approx 6-8 seconds it turns off. I am hoping that maybe you can help me .
thank you ,

Username: Sandler16

Loganville, GA USA

Have a problem with Mitsubishi tv! The tv won't let you switch to the i1080 screen to watch HD and you are unable to switch the device. If you hit the device button it freezes the tv and then turns off. Had two different service techs give possibilities one being the tv is locked and the passcode needs to be reset. The other said it could cost anywhere from 350-750 and didn't know what could be wrong. Does anybody have a clue the problem could be?

Username: Jorho

Have and older 45" projection Mitsubishi. Blacks out for a period of time than may or may not come back shortly. Anyone else encounter this problem? If so, what was the solution? Don't really want to spend a bundle on a TV that is over 10 yrs old.

Username: Tvchallenged

My 32 inch mits TV keeps shutting off on its own. I hear a buzz and then it turns off. After turning it back on several times it will stay on for a while. Now it won't turn on at all. All I get is a buzz. Anyone got any ideas?

Username: Mark_f

I have a older mits proj tv model ts5053 that has a convergence problem. After changing the ic's (stk 391-020) and a open fuse. I can now align the user cross bar properly but when you go back to the regular pix, the sides are bent down. How do I get to the full convergence screen so I can adjust it all? thanks for your help.

Username: Jbecke3

i have an old mitsubishi projection tv model VS-581R. the image isn't very sharp, and i think it may be the control module. does anyone know where i can find a control module for this? also any suggestions as to what the problem may be?

thanks

Username: Keimak

I have a 2003 Mitsubishi wt-42311 42" rear projection TV that I got in a barter deal for a deck. the previous owners brought it here from California. During the move from Cali >NY the top of the cabinet was damaged. It looks like the movers stacked boxes on top of one corner of the TV and it was squished a bit. The actual damage to the cabinet is minimal. It almost appears as if the cabinet melted a bit. It is not cracked or punctured in any way. The mirror mounts are fine albeit one of them is in part of the damaged spot and a bit sagging. I see no way to adjust these.
When the TV is on the picture is out of alignment on the corner with the damage. The picture on the left side is about 1 inch lower then the picture on the right. The picture on the right is also slightly lower then it should be I think. Subtitles or scrolling text are difficult to read. Is this something that can be adjusted back relatively easily (and cheaply)?

thanks
keithoscopickATyahoo.com

Username: Donducky903

I have a Mitsubishi vs-4544. Problem is this: turn on and video stays on for 1 min-3 hrs.(varies--sometimes stays on for days) then video goes out and audio stays on. Turn off and unplug for 15-30 mins. and video is there but then problem process starts all over again. I am seeking to identify the problem and then the solution to fix. Thanks

Username: Tingis

I have Mitsubishi CT-21M5E. Can you help me find a service manual for this type?Thanks

Username: Vinnie069

Daytona beach , Florida Usa

I have a mitsu ws-65807 and when turned on i get blue,red and once in a while green all in a bowed left to right lineno pic then it turns off.
I have a sick grand mother and I cannot even get my brain together to attack this problem.
Can anyone please throw some help our way?
Thanks,i can also send to whom may request a video of the problem,please reply to vinnie069117@yahoo.com...thanks
George

Username: Keithg

My dad's tv just went out and it's football season....

He needs the manuals (or pdfs?) for a Mitsubishi WS-55513:

Mitsubishi WS-55513 Service Manual
Mitsubishi V23 Chassis Technical Training Manual

Models covered:
WS-48513
WS-55513
WS-65513
WS-73513
WS-48613
WS-55613
WS-65613
WS-65713
WS-73713
WS-55813
WS-65813

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
k g ,
What is your email address?
I can send you a service manual
thx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Don Nelson ,
did you fix your set yet?

Username: Keithg

Planeracer,

Thanks. I sent you a PM.

Username: Tomarq

Hello,

I have a WS-65613 and get the continuous blinking light. I tried the power+device and power+menu, no help. I saw a previous person with similar problems but didn't find a solution. I have electronic skills and would like to get PDF manual for it.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

Username: Alive4u331

Arlington, Texas Usa

i own a vs4541 bought in 94,i noticed a problem earlier on this board that was similar to mine. turn on the tv and it will be fine for a few minutes to a couple hours then the screen will go blank but there will be sound. sometimes the screen will come back for a few seconds if left on. but other times it will take hours before you even bother turning the tv back on cause the screen wont work. figure it probably is the signal board but i dont know where or what it looks like. can someone help me cause last time i had this problem it cost alot and took us forever to get the tv back.

Username: Mchel64

Hi, I have a CK35402. When I turn it on the only thing I get is a line across the screen. The audio is still working on it. Does it sound like something that can be repaired?
Thanks.

Username: Tomarq

TADA... got the 65613 working... the DM board was the problem. I found some chat about failed "puffy" capacitors in another blog. I replaced the 4 failed capactors with new ones from radio shack (old were 1000 uf 16v and new ones are 35v and physically large, two fit fine, other two I had to lay on side) and TADA.. powered up fine. So... I've got some TV viewing to catch up on.

Username: Minski

Orange, California USA

Hello everyone,

I own a WS-65809 had a power up problem. Call service out and after $350.00, problem solved. I should have followed the advices on this site and do the service myself. Oh well, damage is done, but anyway he changed 2 ICs and 2 fuses (the stuff that everyone is talking about on this site) and bingo.. back to normal. Well, almost normal.. Hope someone could help me with this problem. After the tech left, I watched the TV that night and noticed the lower left corner of the TV is blurry and the green is bleeding in the background. Tried to do advance adjustment on the set, but noticed only 2 colors appear.. red and blue... is there a "green" color that I am missing? Did the tech forget to plug something back in?? I called the tech and he said it's a different problem and will charge me to come out. Is there a fix for this??

Thank you in advance...

Username: Aj98

PLEASE HELP!
Has anyone found an answer to the "Green LED Continuosly Blinking"?

[Anonymous Posted on Monday, February 20,2006 -03:06 pm:
I have a mitsubishi ws55711. The green light blinks continuosly and I am unable to power on the television. Nothing allows me to get the light from blinking and being able to turn the set on.
Any suggestions?]

Thank You in Advance!

Cheers,
AJ98

Username: Gmace

Mitsubishi 55" HDTV purchased in 2000 now has it's convergence chips overheating. Tech suggested buying a 120V fan at radio shack and installing in the back of the set. Tech has same TV and after installing fan has had no problems of overheating. Tech told me to find the resistor that is powered on and off by the power button, attaching the red wire of the fan to one side of the resistor and the black to the tuner housing. That way the fan will only run when the TV is on. Anyone else had this probelm? If so, did you install a fan? How did you install it? Any pics or diagrams would be greatly appreciated. Tech wants $500 to replace the convergence chips.

Username: Tgif1

One of my signal boards was damaged when one of the CRT bulbs leaked it's gel onto the signal board that is below the CRT bulb. Mitsu doesn't consider this a design defect being this is the second occurrence of one of the signal boards within my TV being damaged due to a CRT bulb leaking gel on the signal board directly below it. Why wasn't a shield or tray built under the CRT bulb to protect the signal boards? Mitsu no longer has my signal board instock since Mitsu no longer builds projection TV's using CRT bulbs. Anyone know where I can locate a signal board since the alternative is a non-usable TV. The signal board part number is: 935C826002

Any help in finding out where I can locate this would be greatly appreiciated.

Len Griffin

Username: Minski

Orange, California USA

Greg,

If its the IC chips, I had my chips replaced for $350.00 a week ago, service call. After reading all the info on this forum, I asked about the fan. He said I should put in a fan and turn it on..only on a hot day, but he was not pushing me to dot it. Anyway I watched the tech removing and replacing the chips. Very easy.. should have done it myself..

The chips are next to a silver component and in between the chips and silver component, some white paste are used. He explained that when the tv was assembled in Mexico, not enough paste was used and in time, liquids appear within the paste and it gets hot. This caused the chips to burn. He showed it to me and it makes sense.... Anyway, the tech was not pushing too hard to install a fan for me and I really don't thing is necessary. I think on a hot day, if you want, u could put a fan facing the back of the TV and turn it on. Thats what I would do.

As far as fixing the problem yourself, its easy if you have some electronics skills such. Read the entire site and you will find your answer on how to....good luck

Username: Guykinley

Post Number: 4
Just fixed one problem with my Mitsubishi VS-45605, only to discover a new one. My right front speaker doesn't work: no sound at all. I don't think the speaker itself is bad; I tested two back-up speakers and still have the same problem.

What are the probable problems and potential solutions? Thx.

Username: Nascar29

I have a Mit VS-55609, I pulled the board and resoldered the IC connections, reinstalled and the bowtie is gone and using the DVD player everything is great. Yhe problem know is that i have no picture with my cable input( A or B). I fixed one issue and caused another. Any ideas eveyone has been right so far!!

Username: Verdy

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 and just recently today while turning the tv 5 mintues after the tv is on
horizontal lines apear across the screen over the display and stays on until the tv shuts off
anyone one know what causes this or what i should do this is the first problem i have had with the mits dlp my warrenty is out but still have a bulb unused

please help my wife is going crazy cause she gonna miss her show ahhhhhh

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
David Verduzco ,
press and hold menu and device button until
power light will start to blink. count blinks
and let me know. it will blink for exem. 2 pause 4 or 3 pause 5 or something else.

Username: Verdy

t

i would say with all blinks form start 15 blinks total

Username: Dabuttery

Aurora, CO

My Mitsubishi VS-50609 50" projection tv has a spider crawling around on the inside of the screen. Since Halloween is over, the novelty is long gone. Is there a quick & easy way to open it up so I can clean 'em out? Thanks!

Username: Jenn_mx

Salado, Tx USA

My Mitsubishi ws-65513 has the same problem that I have seen alot in other posts. The tv just turned off one day and the green light just keeps flashing. Tried the reset and nothing. Tried plugging into another surge protector and nothing. It makes a chirping sound when plugged in like it is trying to power on, but never does. Has anyone figured out fix for this?

Username: Dragonoto

Bloomfield, Indiana

I have a Mitsubishi Model VS-45609 Manufactured September 2001 with 2 problems. 1. When I turn it on, it will stay on for about 5 seconds and turn itself off. If I continue this process about 75 times, it will finally stay on. 2. The night before last I readjusted the convergences of red and blue, last night they were screwed up again. While Blue will converge left, right, up and down, Red will only converge left and right now. Please help!

Username: Tgif1

Is there any demand for a RGB-CV10 converter box that converts the standard HD signal to Mitsu's HD signal for HD to convert over to Mitsu's signal for HD to play on their late 1990's projection TV's? We got HD cable in our area earlier this year and I bought the box but now that the TV can't be repaired due to no replacement part, I'm looking at selling it.

Username: Tony777

Henderson, NV USA

Hello! I have a Mitsubishi 1080 HDTV Model # WS-65513 Part # 852C310A10. I turned it off, and can't get it to turn on. The green 'on' light just continues to flash. I only have the owners guide, no manual. Is this something I can fix myself, or do I call a tech & have it taken in?

My Mits TV is a WS-55613,,,

First I bought the service and parts manual from eBay (see attached) and follow the instructions on the Service Manual on how to remove the Main Chassis (Page 27) then on Page 28 explains how to replace the DM Board. However I had to replace ONLY the 4 capacitors type <c9b01> Page 70 on the service manual lists only 3, but all four had to be replaced. THE "BLUE" CAPACITORS TOPS LOOKED "SLIGHTLY SWELLED UPWARD".
It takes a lot of time and patience and a little bit of practice on how to remove the capacitors. I made a lot of calls and finally found the correct ones. The ones that Radio Shack and other electronics stores had were too tall; they must be about ½ inch, so the DM cover plate close.
When removing the main Chassis I made sure cables were not being pulled, so I had to disconnect a few. Also the DM cover and the DM Board were cumbersome to remove. I had to pull hard enough to remove them upwards.
After replacing the capacitors and putting everything back together, I plugged-in the TV and the led flashed for about a minute then went away. I turned it back on and WOILA! After two weeks,,,

Email me if you would like a copy of the service manual. It covers models:
V23 MODELS:
WS-48513
WS-55513
WS-65513
WS-73513
V23+ MODELS:
WS-48613
WS-55613
WS-65613
WS-48613
V23++ MODELS:
WS-65713
WS-73713
V23+++ MODELS:
WS-55813
WS-65813

IT MAKES ME WONDER WHAT OTHER "CHEAP" COMPONENTS ARE NEXT TO FAIL!!!

Sorry, I didn't attach the Service Manual; email me if you would like a copy,,,

Post Number: 4
I replaced the capacitors Type: 16V 1000M-M 105C

For some reason the description was not posted,,,

Username: Vinnie069

Daytona beach , Florida Usa

Alex,I think that you tried to send me a manual for a mitsu tv on sunday,?
I have a ws-65807 1080i and could use a copy of whatever manuals you have.
Please use vinnie069117@yahoo.com and purplehondacbr@sbcglobal.net my mail some times likes to delete my mail so i think its better to send to both addresses so i have a better chance of getting the manual.
Thanks so much,
Vinnie

Post Number: 5
The Ebay store where I bought the E-Manual has almost all type of Manufacturer's Manual. Check it out.
The Ebay Store Name is: "Manual Universe"
Link:
http://stores.ebay.com/Manual-Universe_W0QQsspagenameZADMEQ3aBQ3aEOIBSAQ3aUSQ3a4 5QQtZkm

EMail me if you would like a copy of the service manual that I mentioned,,,,

Username: Zendogpound

Everyone-
Thank so much for posting your info!
I was looking at a dead WS-65613 (with blinking green LED) until I found this thread, replaced the caps on the DM and after a power on reset, my TV is alive again!

You all saved me a buttload of money as service companies wont come out to my house because of distance. I was looking at a new DM or a new TV altogether. With XMAS here, that was a problem.

Thanks again everyone, you all rock! Happy Holidays!

Username: Gustinwind

My Mitsubishi WS-73711 died a couple days ago. Does anyone have a service manual covering this model? Thanks a bunch.

Username: Drewen

Hello,

I have a WS-65613 and get the continuous blinking light. I've tried everything.. when I hit system reset it stops but immediately continues when I let go- unplug while doing this.. hit device/menu/power etc. Seems that these capacitors are the problem and was wondering if I could get a manual from someone. My email is hemmingeric@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Username: Klester

I hope someone can help me. I have a Mitsubishi WD-52525 that I purchased 2 years ago. I received an HD-DVD player for Christmas and have tried, unsuccessfully, to connect the dvd player to the HDMI input on the TV. I talked to someone at the Mitsubishi service departmant and they could not help me. I finally set the dvd player up using one of the component inputs, but I know that I am not getting the best possible signal. Has anyone been successful with setting up an HD device to the HDMI/M-link input and would you mind sharing how you were able to do it?
Thanks...

Username: Emonk

Could someone send me a manual for the WS65813. I have the infamous blinking lights issue.

Thanks in advance.

Username: Drewen

I got a few emails with the manual (thanks!) and figured it all out. Ended up buying the caps from a local TV shop and soldering them in. They were the correct specs (16V, 1000UF) but to big to put the DM module cover back on.. so right now I just have it working w/ no cover. Doesn't seem to do anything so hopefully it'll be okay. If this isn't ok someone tell me so I can find a smaller cap and put it in there before i cause more damage!

Still looking for the WS-65813 manual. My email address is edwardmonk55@msn.com.

I was able to figure out which capacitors were bad on the DM that was causing the constantly green blinking power light without the documentation. The DTV module (DM) is the module with the USB connnections on the top and back. I used 4 of the Radio Shack caps. They were 35V 1000uF and worked fine. The only thing you need to do is keep the lead a little long and arrange the caps on the board on their sides so that the metal cover will fit back over them. If you put them on flush to the board the cover will hit.

Otherwise pretty easy job and my Mitsubishi WS-65813 is back in action. Clean the lens while you have the back off. I notice my picture looks brighter and there was a pretty good layer of dust on mine.

I still wouldn't mind having the service manual if someone can send it.

Thanks for all the tips.

Username: Mina_co

HI,
I am having the same problems that many have entered with my Mitsubishi HD 1080, when I turn on the TV, the green timer light flashes 3 times then shuts off. What can I do, to aviod paying that 400.00 sevice call. call contact me at:
flirtatous21@hotmail.com
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us