Samsung DLP TV service mode key sequence

Bronze Member
Username: Konikgarbusek

Post Number: 16
Samsung DLP TV model HLN.
Does anybody know what is the remote control key sequence to enter the service mode?
I need to adjust picture's heihght.
Thanks for any tips...

Username: Auto1129

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung DLP 56" TV bought in early 2006 (model HLR5678) and it's been GREAT until just this past week when a gray "shaded" vertical line appeared (about an inch wide) on the far left edge of the screen. You can still see the picture through this area but it has just happened. Could this be something to do with the bulb? We have never left the TV on "paused" so am not sure what may have caused the line to appear. Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks!

Username: Ajax_one

To enter service mode Samsung DLP model HLN

With tv off...on the remote...

push Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power

set comes on with SM menu screen 1

using arrows...arrow down to Option and press enter.

up comes screen 2

lamp hours and reset are there.

Be careful! Left and right arrows change things!

Press Menu to go back a screen.

Power off and back on quickly to exit the SM and watch.

Username: Ajax_one

Post Number: 2
Samsung DLP random shut down model HLN 4365W

Had this TV for 3 years 100% trouble free. It now turns off at random just like somebody hit the power switch. On one occasion the temp light was on, but just the one time.

Hit the power on the remote it comes back on and works fine. There is no pattern to these shut downs, this can happen after the TV is on 5 minutes or 2hrs or it does not happen at all. I have 5456 hrs on the lamp.

Does anybody have suggestions on what is wrong?

Username: Dtrj

Have a HLR 5677. JUST REPLACED THE BULB AT 8434 HOURS. WENT TO RESET THE BULB COUNTER IN SERVICE MENU BUT IT WONT RESET. PUT IN MUTE182/POWER. WENT TO OPTIONS. FIRST ITEM SAYS CLEAR LAMP, SECOND ITEM SAYS USER RESET. CLICKING ON CLEAR LAMP DOES NOTHING. AM I SUPPOSED TO CLICK ON USER RESET AS WELL? NOT SURE AND I DONT WANT TO SCREW UP THE SET
THANKS

Username: Mpw3rd

hello samsung suffers and everyone else, my leftside shadow condition as related to samsung customer service yield a referral to exec customer service from whom i have not heard a word. they need to be hounded to no end in order to get compensation for the gross defect that is the "shadow condition" appearing on the screens of hundreds if not thousands of sets like mine (hlr5668w aug. 2005). please keep calling and emailing as often as possible. good luck, mpw3rd
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us