Problems with loader2

Bronze Member
Username: Cailo

Post Number: 21
HI there

As I was excited to find the new BIN file, and was ready to load it on my receiver, I got this massage once I opened loader2 program

COM PORT OPEN FAILED!

and I got this massage once the software is On

CAN NOT START TIMER, COM PORT NOT OPENED

with no surprise, uploading the file to the receiver never happened, as the program stays at 0% loading....

What should I do? My cable is well connected to the PC, as well as the receiver! I was able to upload files to the receiver before with no problems, and I didn't change anything in the setting..

Suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1586
try changing ur com port to 1, 2, 3, 4
after changing it, close the loader, re open it and try it.
make sure u arent on the internet if u have dial up

Bronze Member
Username: Mattlayne

Post Number: 28
I have the same problem....I have CS7000 and the via USB was working fine and now it won't read the USB or the 9 pin serial cable. When I connect the 9 pin serial cable, click auto detect, it said connect your receiver and turn it on....But I have connected the receiverwith the 9 pin serial cable, plugged it into the power, flip the back switch, then it is still saying connect your receiver and turn it on....My father-in-law has a CS5000 and my 9 pin serial cable works fine with his.... Actually, I just fixed his a couple days ago..... Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 867
matt u need a null modem rs232 cable.make sure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
RTAP - what is the difference between the 9 pin serial cable RS232 than a null modem?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1618
the null modem is a crossover cable

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
i know i am stupid but what exactly is a crossver cable and do u know where i can get one at?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1620
u have a send pin ans a receive pin... straight through send goes to send, receive to receive.
X over, send to receive...
Radio Shack u can get both cables, OR u can get a null modem adaptor for us straight thru cable

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
thanks a lot....will try and drop by radio shack and pick up one....would u happen to have any suggestions on why my USB is not being recognized in my PC....even when i try and format it with my receiver is says format failed......thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
please anyone have any more suggestions..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1621
i know it needs to be formated using fat32 file system. I think the receiver does this tho. I am not sure whats up. Sounds like something is messed up. Didnt the reciever come with a thumbdrive?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i am not sure if it did or not....dont really know what a thumbdrive is.....i dont really care which way i do it but i just need to get a bin uploaded on it....whether it is through USB or null cable...would it probaly just easier to go to radio shack and get that cable rather than trying to fix the USB problem...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1624
maybe, but the cable may not work either. May have a bigger problem.
Thumbdrive is the usb drive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
That is an interesting discussion..to some extent, I am not the only one to experience this. Anyhow,I am still unable to connect the receiver to the PC through the null cable,and I only have one port at my PC. Again, I was able to do this before, but for whatever reason I can not.

I wonder if there is another software that I can use instead of loader2 to upload the file to the receiver ( VS Extreme), or should I change the cable!!

Till this problem is solved, I am using the manual keys provided in this forum..which is time consuming..

Appreciate your help guys

Bronze Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 49
change the cable thas messing u up.. loader 2 is working good

Username: Oyabun

Post Number: 4
now can you help me when i try up date my cw600p i get error msg E029 i'm using usb port with the rs232 cable...

please help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Again, for whatever reason, the Loader2 is back for good. I was able to upload the new bin to the receiver, without really changing anything..just restarting the PC ( although I tried this earlier, but it worked now).

Thanks guys anyhow

Gold Member

Post Number: 1625
jeff, u need to use either the cable or the usb. Not both
sadie good for u, a reboot helps alot. Sometime the com port gets hung up. I was saying change the com port on the loader program. There is a box that says com port.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us