King....OMG Viewsat came back up??

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1340
One of these days King, one of ur predictions HAS to come true. If for no other reason, plain old dumb luck. Cant be wrong ALL the time. Good luck on the next one.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1698
So what yo saying the delay of VS BINS had nothing to do with hardware compatibility that I came across last week. It was just pure Constance.

In that case I will hold my tests to after corrections.

VS hacking team are very impressive I do give them lots of credit.
Peace bro

Gold Member

Post Number: 1341
It takes a day or two after a good ecm. If u were saying it was an attack on VS, why was cooolsat and others down too for so long?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1702
Well if yo only ask civilized questions I would be gladly answer it instead of attacking my integrity.

The simple straight forward answer concerning hardware:
When they do an ECM they are simple microprocessor opcodes instructing the MP to perform instructions that causes firmware bios to keep rolling constantly like a virus. Not possible to target all receivers with one ECM.

They are so pissed off at View Tech and wanted to hit em where it hurts

Do yo see
I'm not crazy or an enemy

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 13088
The viewsat file release was delayed because this new Dishnet provider 0106 began with only 1 channel (ESPN)...and then SLOWLY it progressed into other channels...so Viewsat simply waited until 0106 had been applied to ALL the DN channels before they did a release...no sense releasing a new bin prematurely with bugs...and most current problems are because people are using CLONE receivers (but they don't know it), or not rechecking their antenna receiver settings, or did an improper upload of the files..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4241
I do not think that the people at Viewtech or at totalfta site are stupid. If they released a BIN, it would be properly tested and unlikely to cause problems. Therefore, it is imperative that you check,
1. the fuse, if no power at all;
2. Did you upload the correct BIN?
3. Uploading procedure - was it done properly, and did you wait long enough.
4. Are sure you did not use a clone receiver?
5. Have you made changes to your Dish pointing or connections or disEqC settings?

In other words, try and find a fault with yourself before blaming the manufacturer.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13095
Many times the antenna settings will change by themselves with a new bin upload...I think inexperience is a big factor in most problems being reported..

Bronze Member
Username: Golbole

Post Number: 17
Has anyone tried new bin for viewsat ultra dated 24/10? Is it safe?

Bronze Member
Username: Jerkisland

Post Number: 26
Where can I find the right procedure in uploading the bins for Viewsat Xtreme

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1705
"Many times the antenna settings will change by themselves with a new bin upload"
I totally agree

This is exactly what I detected last week
They most of fixed it cuz 110/119 will kick one another causing auto roll force.

As yo load the new bin (for genuine VS) check and reassign antenna settings especially to 110/119.

I also do believe users that got dead receivers due to clone issues since most of them are noobies

This is what makes sense to me thus far.

Bronze Member
Username: Kashif4u

Post Number: 83
Could you guys please also write, how to find out if one is useing colone reciever.

Thanks,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1344
That WAS a civilized question. U ARE THE ONE ATTACKING UR OWN INTEGRITY WITH ALL THESE "THE SKY IS FALLING THREADS" AND NONE ARE COMMING TRUE. I cant see why u keep doing it?? Y do u keep insisting how great u are testing when u r CONSISTANTLY wrong? U talk about ur background, ur knowledge, ur testings, ur findings, the end of PTA, yet nothing... And obviously this isnt the only site u do it. U have to work for DN. Thats the only explaination y u would do this. I think u are an unskilled person who DN put here to spread panic to slow the purchase of FTA boxes, who has learned a great deal about FTA to do ur job better. If thats true, u have done ur part. Sooo, what ur next theory??

Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 2
Antenna Settings will change by themselves ONLY
when you are changing from one sat. to another.
Not when a new Bin is loaded.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1711
"Antenna Settings will change by themselves ONLY
when you are changing from one sat"

This is the effect not the cause

Silver Member
Username: Dry_dent_lure

Post Number: 112
Laughing even louder!!!!
1711 post of BS and nonsense and counting....

Bronze Member
Username: The_messenger

Post Number: 22
Dry....You got that right
1711 posts of Hog Wash.

But you have to give him credit
he hangs in there like shitt on stink.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13103
U do NOT have to be changing sats, for the antenna settings to change...just a simple bin upload can cause this change...this is electronics and software created and used to emulate a subbed eeprom...things happen...and its NOT only to Viewsats, its all receivers!

Use of FTA receivers is NOT technical at all...

aim the dish,
run the cables and switch (if needed)
config the antenna settings (so your receiver knows what U did)
scan the channels/sats
load up a new current file
input latest keys via autoroll or manually
watch TV..

This is NOT a rocket science for the FTA user!

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 143
What's up LK? Been gone for a while. Do you do all the above in that order? Can't you have the new bin installed before you do the configuring and scanning?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13113
yes U can...that listing was just an example of required tasks...NOT a schedule of events...we are creatures of habit and do things routinely..

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1713
"U do NOT have to be changing sats, for the antenna settings to change...just a simple bin upload can cause this change...this is electronics and software"

Thank yo boss these noobes got no clue that it takes a microprocessor command to look at the antenna settings

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
the pansat will require u to set up all over after every new bin loaded.

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisduclo

Post Number: 64
i myself own three 2700 pansats and never had to readjust the setup unless i personaly did a factory reset.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1375
i have 4 and EVERY time, they have to be set up again. They are not clones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us