Sharp LC-37D4U Audio Problems

Username: Thartz

Post Number: 1
My 15 mos old LC-37D4U model suddenly lost all sound. Great picture, just no sound. Repairman had it in shop x 6 weeks and replaced the sound board. Had the TV back for 4 days and the sound went out again. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any recommendations? Suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 64
Thomas,
There is a short somewhere in the system.. The board may not be bad... There is a certain model 52" and 46" Sharp LCD that has the same problem, but it originates from the screws that hold down the back panel on the bottom of the TV.. They are very close to the speaker wires, and in most cases, the set comes out of the factory with the screws grounding out one speaker wire and causing the sound to fail. These TV's come out of the box with no sound... the volume meter is adjusted, as if the sound is working, however no audio can be heard from the speakers. Most have no sound out of the box, or the sound goes out within the first few weeks of the televisions use. You might want to take the rear cover off and take a look.. Also, try turning on the set with the back cover off, and see if the sound comes back.. But be careful not to shock yourself!

Username: Mosketohall

Post Number: 1
My LC-37D4U has done the same thing; I added an audio amplifier in order to watch it. Problem appears to be in the audio amplifier section; haven't found a fix yet. Same set had a serious power issue when new (it's 2 years old now) and Sharp issued a firmware update which fixed the power issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us