Setting up a Dish 500

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 374
I searched and I searched but still no luck. Just have a few questions. We just received our 500 and I'm about to set it up tomorrow for my brother at his house.

When I purchased it from Ebay I coulda sworn that I read that it didn't need a switch, how's this possible? How can you use both birds with only 1 input line?

And for the setup, how would I input the right configuration in the LNB type section? Would it be the normal SINGLE? OCS? OCS-DP? You get the idea. Appreciate the help.

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 622
it has a built in switch.

Silver Member

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 375
So how would I hook up the coax cable from the box to the LNB? What port or input/output do I plug into?

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 623
give me the reference number that you have from ebay so i can see the dish you got

Silver Member

Somewhere fi...

Post Number: 376
Reference number? How do I get a reference number? All I know that it's item # , aren't all Dish 500 the same? All I need is some info bout setting it up.

Bronze Member
Username: Ragidy57

Post Number: 20
Ref # is the number you can key in on the search of ebay. This is a way to pull up the listingin which you won. He wants to read the discription from the auction on ebay

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1190
What kind og reciever do u have. All u have to do is aim the dish at whatever sats u want say 110 and 119. Thats echo 8.6 and 7.
If u have a dish pro lnb select that in the setup and diseqc 1=119, diseqc2=110
one cable from lnb to reciever.
scan sats
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us