Recent DN Changes

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 684
10/11/07 C/P

The rest of the Phoenix locals at 119° tp 5 spot 6 were moved to tp 20 spot 35 at 110°. All 13 Phoenix locals are now on this transponder. (ANON) The "X" Phoenix locals telling subscribers that only have a dish pointed at 119° to call Dish for an upgrade still remain on channels 5992-5999. They are still on tp 5 spot 6 at 119° so that transponder has not been cleared yet.
The Phoenix locals are uplinked from Gilbert, AZ and the coverage for 20s35 is better than 5s6 for northern Arizona, which are two key factors in the move (Raymie)
10/10/07

NOTAX slate was removed from channel 211 at 110°
Cinemax HD replaced HBO HD on channel 285 free preview begins tomorrow at 6am
Cinemax SD channels mirrored on channels 290-294 for the free preview at 6am tomorrow.
All the left-over Showtime and HBO channels mirrored in the 280-299 block removed
Most of the RSNs were mapped with the HD channel counterparts. When you tune to your RSN channel it will automatically tune to the HD counterpart as long as 1) the HD version is available at the time 2) you have an HD receiver 3) you have a dish pointed at the proper satellite. For example I have a Dish HD receiver with dishes pointed at 110°, 119° and 61.5°. My HD RSN is at 129°. I will not see the mapped channel. (yes I know most of you know this, some dont. I'm heading off e-mails. :-) They are always welcome though and there is no such thing as a stupid question)
The NHL and NBA HD channels on channels 389-399 which were never made available to subscribers were removed from the system. However the NHL HD channels became available in the 9500 block last week. Today the NBA HD channels became available in the 9500 block as well.
Central China TV French & Spanish apparently became Spanish Only. The EPG on channels 695 at 121° and 118° and 884 at 110° changed to CCTVE
German channel 724, 725 and 726 were moved to 5918-5720 at 121° temporalily. Channels 724-726 were changed to a slate telling German PKG subscribers that these channels will not be available at 121° soon. These channels are still at 118° .
TV 5 (731) also has a slate at 121° and was REMOVED from 118°
TV Chile (842) which was replaced by a slate at the beginning of the month announcing this channel is no longer available was removed from the system today.
Channels 5550-5561 were filled with "MTS" test channels on tp 13 at 148°. Content unknown.
Channels 9791 and 9792 changed epg name from MIG1 & 2 to MOVE 1 & 2 at 121°. These are the slates for the channel moves detailed above.
My TV affiliate in Medford, OR (KBFI-LD (low power Digital channel-NOT HD)) became available to local subscribers on channel 7648
9646 ATT became available to specific subscribers. This is most likely an internal training channel.
Updated links in Cine Latino and Zee Sports (Greg & SatEX)

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 283
Posted By: DSS Troll on 10-08-2007
News
ECH0: We Have 48 National HD Channels

The satcaster adds one channel, but increases its count by nine.
By Swanni - October 8, 2007

Washington, D.C. -- ECH0's DN last Friday added TBS HD to its high-def lineup.
And today, it issued a press release saying the addition now gives it 48 national High-Definition channels.

That's an impressive number of channels, more than any other TV provider. But what's even more impressive is that ECH0 said it had 39 national HD channels prior to the launch of TBS HD.

That's right. ECH0 jumped from 39 to 48 with a single new channel.

How did the satcaster perform this mathematical miracle?

Starting today, ECH0 is counting its eight HD PPV movie channels as national channels. So with the addition of TBS HD -- and the eight HD PPV channels -- the company says it has 48 national HD channels.

The switch in accounting methods is likely driven by the fact that rival satcaster DAVE now offers 37 national HD channels, but is expected to pass the 40 mark in the next week.

But now that ECH0 says it has 48 national HD channels, it will be able to continue to boast that it has more national high-def channels than anyone else until DAVE passes that mark.

(DAVE has only one channel devoted to HD PPV; so by ECH0's accounting standard, DAVE now could only claim 38 national HD channels.)

That is, unless DAVE changes what it calls a "national HD channel."

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 699
C/P:
Most recent changes to the Dish Channel List page

10/17/07

NHL Network HD is now available to AT250+HD and higher subscribers on channel 403 and NHL Center Ice subscribers on channel 559.
Starz Free Preview channels replaced the Cinemax Free Preview channels on channel 285 for the HD Starz and channels 290-297 for the rest of the SD package including Encore East. (ANON)
After over a year and a quarter, Dish finally changed the call letters on channel 7094 from the old WMWB to the current WCWW. This change was first done to this chart on 7/11/06 (Stealth change) after a report from Raymie. (ANON)
It only took just over two weeks, but Dish caught up with WTBS call letter change from Oct 1. Channel 8307's EPG changed from WTBS to WPCH. Channel 17 in Atlanta is no longer showing TBS cable's programming 23 hours a day. (ANON)
Channel 812 MH1, a Punjab music channel is now apparently in free preview mode for some. (ANON)
International Free Preview channels 574 and 575 were removed from the subscriber tier again.
Updates several hyperlinks for the Phoenix locals (X)
There is no way I can keep up with the over 4000 links from this page to other sites. If you see a bad link or one that needs updating, simply e-mail it to dishlist@echostaruser.com. You will be identified by a variant of your e-mail or first name only. If you rather remain anonymous like (ANON) does, just say so in the e-mail or sign it "anon".
Looks like I missed one somewhere! Channel 858 TeleFormula, a news channel from Mexico is now available on the Dish Latino and Dish Latino Bonus pack and higher. (The DL Bonus Pack allows you to add all the DL channels (except Pl@yboy en Español) to any AT package for $12.49 a month)
10/15/07
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us