Can anybody help me?

Bronze Member
Username: Jryevols

Little rock, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 39
Good Evening
I have ask the question ,but no one seems to be able to answer. I just purchased a new dtv dish and it came with a dual LNB. Can I receive 61.5 EchoStar 3 with that dish. I am having a great deal of trouble getting any signal. I tried both the new LNB and tried one that I was receiving 110-119 on and still get nothing.
I don't understand what I could be doing wrong.

Thanks for your help

Jim

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1599
Well Jim
Yo'll have all kinds of trouble when provide bits and pices of information
Yo are still providing wrong information and members will continue to feed yo wrong solutions

I do hold the answer to your trouble
But I won't tell yo what the solution yet

This is what's wrong
- No such a thing called dual LNB for DTV that gets 110/119
- There is Phase I for 101 or 119
- There is Phase II for both 101/119
- There is Phase III for 101/110/119
- If yo got phase III and point to 61.5 yo won't get sh*it as there is a transponder block on 101 LNB
- There are empty TPs on 61.5 so you'll never get quality signal on 61.5 even if there was no block

The bottom line is CAN YO GET 61.5 with DTV dish
Yo sure can and very simple too

For your information
There are only 3 or 4 people here than can tell yo how to correct this issue. The rest of members will tell yo change LNBs.

So I'm going to leave that to the other 2 or 3 members to take it from here. CUZ I have no clue what LNBs yo got and it is not Dual 110/119.
Yo got a combination of 2 problems

Good luck with your 61.5 Sat-Man

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 4110
DTV Dish in USA and StarChoice Dish in Canada. These dishes can be used as passive reflector, but the LNBs can't be asily used for BEV or DN reception. Buy a new LNB compatible with the sats(s) you are going to scan.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12917
DTV dishes and LNB's will work fine with DN signals! ....contrary to nalins BOGUS WRONG postings again here...

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1251
sat -man : this is your problem : how u are pointing to the sat ? do u have sat finder? or u are doing it yourself and someone is telling if u get the signal ? im just curious. then we will tell u what to do

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1253

sat-man
First things first.
A) Make sure from your location that the new Dish
is Elevated to 41 degrees and the Azimuth is 132 degrees which is (Magnetic North)

B) Now keep in mind, there are some HD and blank TPs on this Bird, so try doing a TP Scan only.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us