Disque Switch

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 113
i have a viewsat 4 into 1 switch,does it matter which sat is plugged into which input?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3976
Usually
Echo 7 (119W) - Port 1
Echo 8.1 (110W) - Port 2
Echo 3 (61.5W) and others - Port 3 or 4

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 115
but does it matter?i have bev on 91 on 2 and 110 on 3...i'm just tryin to set up and when i do a blind scan on 110 some of the bev channels are there,?the bev works great but the 110 seems a lil wonki.... any ideas? could the switch be gone?do they break and how come ?

Bronze Member
Username: Zork_99

GTA

Post Number: 69
To answer your question...no it does not matter which sat goes to which port...go back to menu sat settings and turn off all diseqc ports except the one for 110, then do a scan...if still a problem you may have to re-align your 110 LNB. Switches can break very easily, but they are dirt cheap to replace anyway...4-5 bucks each.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3982
You have to be pointing to a sat to be able to scan it. If you are pointing to 82W or 91W(BEV channels) and scan 110W in the software you will get BEV channels and not DN channels..
In your case you will have to have your other dish with its cables coming to port 1 and 4 (the ones that are still open) and than in software you will connect them appropriately before scanning.
Do all your connecting disconnecting with receiver power off
Some DN LNBs are preset to Port 1 and 2. If it is convenient, physically connect your BEV to port 3 and 4 and the do the same in software, before installing the second dish with DN

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1601
Yo can use any port they are all parallel
As long as yo maintain port assignment in antenna settings

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1238

Most of all TPs of Nimiq 1 and EchoStar 8/10
have same Frequcencies
their Polarity in the same order