Need help with Echostar 3

Bronze Member
Username: Jryevols

Little rock, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 36
I really need some help with a double question.
I just purchased a new dtv dish that came with dual lnb. I installed it to pick up 61.5 echostar 3 , and have alligned according to what I have read on the settings and I am getting nothing. Zip code is 72712 , and it says to set at 133 degrees x 36.3. I use the compass that has the red needed pointing west and moved the dish acoordingly but get nothing. 110 and 119 are facing the opposite direction and working well. Do I have to have anything special to oick up 61.5. Can you give me direction on how to find the bird.}

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1598
As yo align perfectly to 61.5

Change freq at LNB so yo can start see signal quality then start scanning
If some transponders moved leaving TP level low
Yo won't see quality level prior to scanning

I'm not sure what freq but increase not decrease
Yo'll see level then yo can scan 61.5
May have to use Sat finder to get exact angle

Bronze Member
Username: Jryevols

Little rock, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 37
Sorry , but this did not have any bearing on my questions , can anyone help me

Bronze Member
Username: Scorp7

Post Number: 60
Sat-man King is correct and is a step ahead. The indicator is the signal strength and the quality level once you are locked onto the satellite. If the default frequency selected on the set up menu is not correct then u r not going to catch the signal. Therefore you will have to change the frequencies and for 61.5W set at 12.428H, 12602V, 12.384V all at 20000 SR are working TPs.

As for the angle 133 will approx be at 22 minutes, if you keep North at 12 O clock. Once you point the dish here change the elevation to 36.3 deg i.e. the angle is 36.3 deg from the horizon/ground. After rough setting move slightly for fine tuning. Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1230

sat-man
From your location (Magnetic Deviation) is 3.6
therefore, point your Dish to 129 degrees
which is the (Magnetic North)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us