Switch setup DP34 and SW21

Bronze Member
Username: Scorp7

Post Number: 56
Having issues on the following setup. DP 34 has three inputs from 110/119 and 129. I have put one Dn receiver at Output 1 so that whole thing can get power and also that is official receiver with subcription. Now from second output I have connected to the SW21 port 2 Where as the port1 has 61.5W connected directly. CS5K picks up 61.5W nicely but I do not get any of the three 110/119/129 on port 2. Any sugestions as to what I may be doing wrong? Reviewing Kings diagram this should work fine. Any ideas experts? Thanks for your help..

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12737
U need a 22 khz switch NOT a sw21...and since U are now talking 4 LNB's (61.5-110-119-129) and 2 receivers, use 1 22khz multiswitch..like a 4x4 or 5x8..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Thanks for the response LK. One receiver is connected to DP 34 which is a subscribed receiver and I am only using 1 FTA - CS5K. So in your opinion I should be using 22Khz switch instead of SW21. And that should have all the four satellites coinnected to it. Can I still use the receiver output from DP 34 or I ahve to connect all the 3 satellites individaully? Also What should be the settings for the antennna on CS5K? Thanks again.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12757
U confused things with the 61.5...don't even know what that came from..

If U have a DP 34 switch on a subscribed install...then U ONLY have 3 LNB's (110-119-129), which are going to the DN receiver...

so if U just want to add FTA receiver...then add an A/B switch after the DP34...and watch FTA on "A, and DN receiver on "B" position....

U are NOT making yourself very clear here..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12758
If U want to add FTA as a 2nd always working receiver, just cable it to the 2nd output of the DP 34 switch...

DP 34 switch has ONLY 3 inputs for 3 DP LNB's (110-119-129) in your case, and has 4 outputs for 4 receivers...so put the DN receiver in 1 output and the FTA in another output..and then config the FTA receiver antenna settings according to the DP 34 switch input port #'s and DP LNB's...

Bronze Member
Username: Al_bundy

Post Number: 19
just set the settings in the fta to dish pro and how ever your lnbs enter the dp 34. 119=disqec 1 110= disqec2.
no sw21 needed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Thanks for the info LK. Referring to your posts above, you are right that I cud use DN and FTA from DP34,if I only wanted to see 110-119-129.

However I have the fourth satellite 61.5W which goes to FTA only So in order to get all four satellites on FTA - CS5K what switch would be ideal after DP34? I had previously used 4 port DisEQC but was not able to get all three satellites from DP34. Hope this is clear. Thanks. Look forward to your response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us