My converted Pansat is dead, help please.

Bronze Member
Username: Chemo01165

Post Number: 12
Need help from the experts, I loaded the 215 bin to my converted 2500 to 2700 pansat, but I loaded the wrong one (yes, the one with the bomb, not the 215-1) so it's dead, I red in another forum that sometimes the conection ports are still working, if this is true should I try to load another bin before the Jtag? and which bin should I try first? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 891
If you're not getting any light on the front panel of your receiver, then it means that you receiver is dead. To fix this problem, you have to JTAG it using one of those black-death repair kits for Pansat 2500 receivers. But, if you're getting any light on the front panel of your receiver, then you can load the boot file followed by the factory bin file.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately I don't know how to Jtag, neither have the cable, so I will try to find somebody to help me out, I won't be able to watch the cowboys game...

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 109
my converted original pansat 2500 isn't dead but it just says rollng or scrambled pic....help please///i'm using the jvvh 211 bin

Username: Cqt

Queen Creek, AZ US

Post Number: 1
Latest working bin for 2700 converted:
[link removed]

Queen Creek, AZ US

Post Number: 2
converted 2700 (clone), will only accept bin file moded by jvvh ... if after updated w wrong bin, ur receiver has 9rider dashs u need to do reconvertion it all over again with j27_205_1 (convertion & boot bin fin) then latest bin jvvh_215_pTd.
if ur receiver reboot to b-75 then u only need reload latest bin jvvh_215_pTd (start write bin at verifirst light appears on the display with blacklist updater 1.4).
u must use jtag only when turn on receiver rear sw with no display .. not thing happen at all.
jtag connection as below (picturured is a flu,2500 clone, real pansat 2500 has 20 pin header on pcb) and due to attachment file size restricted i can only email nessessary files and instruction to do jtag on pansat & FLU receivers. Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow45

Monterrey, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 74
Hey guys does the jvvh_215_ptd working with the autoroll?, cause the 213 aint working anymore as of today...
so can anyone confirm that the 215-1(w/no bomb) works with autoroll?.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 112
i tried the 215,it doesn't seem to be working as of late morning today

Queen Creek, AZ US

Post Number: 3
Latest bin: jvvh_217_pTd

Queen Creek, AZ US

Post Number: 4
Latest for (FLU/2500) converted 2700:
[link removed]

Username: Mcrabbycabby

Wpg, Man Canada

Post Number: 8
my pansat2700a was working last night when i got up this morning i had no power at all can someone tell me what it is i loaded the new bin yesterday it didnt die right away ?it was on atleast 6 hours thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12887
U very well may have a clone receiver, and uploaded a bin for the genuine receiver...this is VERY common for many people, thats why I recommend people use the CLONE safe bin (presently 217 v3 w tivo), even on their genuine receivers!...the "kill" usually does come later, within 1-3 days later, when using genuine 217 bin on a 2700 clone....

if absolutely NO power then U must jtag it...like pic above...if U have any power, then force upload an older clone bin , or the 2700 factory bin..

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1173
LK, can u jtag a viewsat platinum?

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 160
???

http://bellexpress.vu/forum/local_links.php?catid=33&linkid=777

Wpg, Man Canada

Post Number: 9
lk that was the bin i loaded i looked at the picture that ctran showed and my board is differant than that one any other pictures would be great pansat 2700a clone thank you so much.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12891
Jtagging for Pansat 2700 - 3500

[link removed]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C&P:

this is the whole package deal for pansat model 2500, 2700, and 3500 with additional 29lv160cbtc-70 can be used with 2700 & 3500, all yours and no question address to me...i don't do jtag, period

the chip file is attached below

the whole enchilada or the rest of the enchilada you will need can be found here -->>>

[link removed]

Download/Use At Your Own Risk!! 29LV160CBTC-70.zip (451.6 KB, 14 views)

Wpg, Man Canada

Post Number: 10
thank you LK

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 627
this is the procedure i used and it work perfect.remember you need patience for this may have to try this step more than one time.good luck.

RTAP
Silver Member

MIAMI , FL MIAMI Post Number: 129

Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 11:23 am:
may not work on some computers.you may need an older version computer or laptop.

1-- i purchased my jtag cable thru ebay
2-- remove cover of sat box only 3 screws.
3-- make sure your sat box is off and your computer is not running any programs.
4-- connect your jtag cable to computer and to reciever.
5-- now turn on sat box on rear switch
6-- open skymax 2.2 can be dowloaded basically any site make sure its a recommended site.
7-- change setting under adr flash to setting 2mb (7FE00000) and make sure select LPT port 1.
8-- under connection click start and wait till complete then under flash operation select erase and wait till complete.
9-- now under flash operation you will select write a window will pop up at the bottom change from rom file to all files. then select the pansat 3500s-flash 1(29LV160CBTC-70)-full.once you selected this file skymax will automatically start the process of writing the file to your sat box.depeding on your computer it may take a while.
10-- once it says complete turn off sat box remove jtag cable.
11-- once jtag cable is removed turn on switch and
the display screen should show b70,if so you have completed this procedure correctly.
12-- now you just have to load the boot file 80 and the current bin.
13-- enjoy.

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 529
get a new box already cheapskate!

Bronze Member

Wpg, Man Canada

Post Number: 11
lol thank you van.

Bronze Member

Wpg, Man Canada

Post Number: 12
LK i was wrong it was v1 sorry i thought it was v3.but thank you guys for your help this is over my head i should just listen to van gasoline lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Well, sometimes it's just about learning something new, I bought a new receiver, but still want to learn how to do a Jtag and get my old pansat 2500a back to life...thank's for all the help provided here.

Username: Mikey2310

Post Number: 1
I need the latest bin for the (2500) converted 2700 that has a working autoroll.

Silver Member

FL

Post Number: 631
here you go paul smith follow this link register is free

http://ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=9956
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us