Recommendations

Username: Starlifter

Post Number: 1
This will be my first HD flat panel device. I'm new to this forum and have found it informative and.....shall we say......entertaining. The diversity of views is startling and has caused me a bit of confusion, so I will attempt to achieve clarity through responses to the following:

1. We sit 10.5 feet from our screen.

2. We don't play video games, rarely watch DVDs and the majority of our content is network programming through Dish Network.

3. After much research, I've decided on Panasonic Plasma.

But which? I don't mind spending money, but when the spending is done, I want to know I got the most for my money. I'm not into overkill for the sake of bragging rights.

I'm requesting recommendations based upon viewing distance and viewing material. We really want to be completely satisfied (amazed) with the current nature/space/oceanic programming in HD. Not to mention football.

So, do I need 1080p?
Is 720p good enough for what we watch?
42" or 50"?

50" 1080p?
42" 1080p?
50" 720p?
42"720p?

I'm burnt out on going into stores watching canned video, or programming from dubious connections/sources, and listening to, for the most part, people with sketchy knowledge about the subject, or incentive based/commission oriented motivation.

Thanks. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 231
50 inch 720P. Industrial version if you plan on using an external tuner, receiver and your own speakers. Consumer version otherwise. The industrial goes for about 1400 online ( a little less actually) not including shipping.

I have the consumer version installed where I work, and everyone is very pleased. There we use DirectTV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us