Dish FFA Setup Help Needed

Username: Vdoggy123

Post Number: 1
Any help would be much appreciated...

I am trying to setup FFA at my friends house, and I am running into a wierd problem. Everytime I connect the RG6 cable to the Colsat 5000 box, the power just turns off. I thought it might be an issue with the box, so I brought it to my house, and of course it works fine. The way my friend has it setup, is with a Dish 500 two lnbs connected to a switch, then connecting to a splitter so he can set it up for his living room and bedroom. I think it might be the wiring in the house, or the splitter. But this still doesn't explain why the power shuts off. Does the length of the wiring have anything to do with it? I'm so lost...please help

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 520
your problem is the splitter. you cannot use a splitter.you need to use dp34 switch.run the cable without the splitter and see what happens.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12629
Your problem is U can't explain SH*IT in DETAIL...so we're all guessing!

Post Number: 2
would the splitter actually cause the power to shut down?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12633
Can lightning cause death?

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1169
paul dont pay attention to LK today her periods.

why
RTAP
Silver Member
Username: Rtap you did not say anything about lk COMMENTS . IF it weer someone eles you would be insulting him left and right . f*ucking hypocrit s*hit ,. no one is obligated to answer the question . you f*uckers

paul take off the spliter. if he wanna set up for hios bedroom too then use dual lnb;s run wire from each side of the lnb .

Post Number: 4
thanks cartier. I don't let stupid comments from idiots bother me =)

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_dss

Post Number: 17
cartier1 !!!! lk COMMENTS

You have nailed !!. Rtap is one of the alias LK uses on this forum site.

If you will notice LK has a habit of not ending a sentence with a period or using a capital "i" or starting a new sentence with a capital when she is typing in a message in haste.

Well with file dumbs and ascii comparisons i've discovered RTAP has this same lazy typer habit.

Bronze Member
Username: Zork_99

GTA

Post Number: 68
Paul, I had this issue too...It was a bad LNB. A short in the LNB was causing my receiver to turn off when I connected it to the RG6 cable.

Change the LNB's one by one to find the bad one. Don't overtighten when you connect the RG6 wire to the LNB because it can damage the LNB as happened in my case.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1554
Wiring
Bad wiring
Bad Connectors, splitter, Switches etc.
Shorting the receiver can seriously damage unit.

Process of elemination:
- I would connect a known good coax from LNB to receiver
- Yo can later add DISEqC switch
- When finally everything installed correctly I would look for ways to share or split signal without shorting receiver.
- Check this section for good wiring and share signal.
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1080851#POST1080851

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=1063352#POST1063352

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12635
HI ADMIN...AKA CARTIER..AKA NALIN...AKA DR S...FUUUCCK ALL OF U...I'M SO FAR UNDERGROUND U CAN NEVER GET ME...

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1170
LK everyone knows why you left the military.

first you cooked bad food to the soldiers and then a lieutenant saw you jerking off and without cleaning your hand you went back to the kitchen to serve the soldiers .

dicharged without honor . godddddddddddddddddddddddddddd what a crisis LK . it must be hard for you hummmmmmmmmm.

Post Number: 5
Thanks everyone...I'll try everything and hopefully get it setup this weekend.

You guys are too funny...and we are all way too bored.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us