Cable length limits?

Bronze Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 94
in order to zero in on 110,119 at my place i need to run approx.400 ft of cable between the dish and the receiver,is that ok or is it a problem and if so how do i solve it.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1079
use rg-6. It should be fine. If needed, u can get an inline amp at radioshack

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12611
No more than 200ft is recommended...like dantetn stated, U may definitely need an inexpensive in line amp from rat shack..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
they work ok do they...then i will be ok...do i put it on an end or in the middle?thanx in advance

Gold Member

Post Number: 1080
i would try it out without anything first. Then, if needed, I would put one in the middle.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1194

Better of to use RG-11 Wire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
i've been looking at my situation here and it don't look so promising at all...i'm at a lake that runs north to south,the house is right on the shore so its down low...the garadge where i was hopein to put the dishnet dish is up at the road 250 feet away,but there are just so many trees i can't get a shot at it i don't think...i'm just barely able to get a bell 91 thing goin on the roof of the house,just pointing it at the edge of the trees as they run into the lake...is it worth my while to aim at any sats east of 91,and would using this new 36in dish make 91 come in any better,anyone got any ideas so i could pursue this lil hobby of ours with the new gear i picked up but can't use on ,it looks like, any sats west of 91,eeek

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
sorry for the topic change,i promise to use a bunch of wire and an inline amp if i am able to do anything more here....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1086
yeah, u can use rg 11, but it is VERY expensive compared to rg 6, rg 6 will work fine, especially if u use an amp. I am not familliar with all the sats. Look at lyngsat.c0m
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us