Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1071
lyngsat.c0m

Bronze Member
Username: Skypatel

Post Number: 51
can you please tell me how to scan for Sat in VS Ultra. I was able to lock signal for Echo 7, but for Echo 3 and 8 I am not able to scan the satellite.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3957
Sky Patel: Echo 7 (119W) and Echo 8.1 (110W) are often on one Dish. You may have an LNB capable of scanning two sats or you might have two LNBs pointing to one Dish.
Echo 3 (61.5W) is usually on a separate Dish with one LNB. Do have a separate Dish for it?
The usually accepted settings for the three LNBs are
Echo 7 - Port 1
Echo 8.1 - Port 2
Echo 3 - Port 3 or 4.
There is no hard and fast rule but it is best you follow the generally accepted standard. Your software must match the hardware settings.
If you do not understand most of the above, then you should join one of the following forums and read up for 2 to 4 hours.
[link removed]

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12590
Sky Patel
Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Posted on Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 11:47 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can you please tell me how to scan for Sat in VS Ultra. I was able to lock signal for Echo 7, but for Echo 3 and 8 I am not able to scan the satellite.

U MUST HAVE A DEDICATED LNB FOR EACH SATELLITE U WANT....AND MUST AIM THOSE LNBS DIRECTLY AT EACH SATELLITE U WANT...THERE IS NO SHORTCUTS..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
I have 2 satellie (total 3 lnb.)
1st Sat has 2 LNB for Echo 7 and 8
2nd has 1 lnb for Echo 3.

I have legal dishnetwork subscrption from dishnetwork. I see TV from all 3 sat on different room.
Since I bought VS Ultra, I am trying to get all 3 Sat.

By the way, both the dish ahve been professional installed by dish network. So I know there is nothing worng with the installation. I just can't lock the signal on my Viewsat Ultra.
I hope this clears some confussion.

Please help

Gold Member

Post Number: 3961
Whenever people change from DN receivers to Viewsats and to Pansat 3500,there is likelyhood of reduced power to LNBs. You can correct this by:
1. Separate power to the switch, or
2. keep the DN receiver connected and on all the time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12599
Sorry I don't help people with Middle Eastern names anymore...ask bane J or nalin...they are the raghead queens here!...they have made it VERY clear they don't want or need my help, so stick to your own kind, like I will from now on here!

IF U are American with an American nick, then I will help...the ragheads have divided this satellite forums...so I will honor their wishes!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3965
LK: Sky patel was relying on others and
YOU INTERFERED

Username: Thus

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I've in situation as Sky Patel.
I've viewsat ultra, I've been using it for sometimes and familiar with not so complex setup that means I am able to load files and locate satellites, setup and connect to dish and watch TV. But since couple of days ago I've this problem.
I can't get signal from 61.5, I do point to right
location because I've done this so many times for 61.5 since I am keep moving and my set up is only
one lnb and no switch or anything, This is the same lnb and dish I've been using for sometime.
When I say, don't get signal means that the quality of signal is 75% but it's keep flashing 0% to 75% and back to 0% back and forth. It goes 0 to 75 and 75 to 0 every second so it is keep flashing the quality bar.
If I move the dish to 110 or 119 then I am fine
without changing wire or lnb or any other setup
but it just can not lock the satellite since the quality of signal is not stable.
This just happend since last night when I try to point the dish to 119 to watch English channels then I went to point back to 61.5 and started the problem.
In the past I've done this so many times without any problem.
Also funny thing is that I thought that could be my viewsat so I connected old pansat to get the signal and samething happend so I don't think it's viewsat problem but I did reload the factory file and after that latest bin but no luck for 61.5 but 119 and 110 is fine with same setup.
Any Idea? sorry for long post.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12606
why don't u help him...instead of being a fruitcake Nazzi here!...cause U can't...cause U don't know FTA!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
DN receiver is connect and on at all time in my diff room.....still same problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3968
Whatever the level of signal, when you get to a point when you cannot improve the signal any further, first do a blind scan and see what happens.

Bronze Member
Username: Diegox

Santo Domingo, D.N. Dominican Rep

Post Number: 17
I have a viewsat ultra for just one month and it is dead. It was working perfectly until few minutes ago. Any Clue?
Do I have to J Tag like in PANSAt?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3971
D. Munoz: I don't think you can jtag a Viewsat. You will probably need to send it to factory if it is truly DEAD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 515
what does the front lcd say.explain yourself a little bit more in order to help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
RTAP: The screen stay Black. I know it has power because I see the red bean coming from the "S/PDIF" in the back.

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 516
are you able to change channels at all.any numbers on the front display.what bin file are you using.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
RTAP:Front Display in Dark Black. No Channels at all. I was using with great results the PFTAUSW-070911U Bin.

Username: Thus

Post Number: 2
Nalin,

I point to 61.5 and did the blind scan , auto scan everything, even the quality was keep flashing, but nothing happened it can not scan any channels or TP because the satellite is no locked.
During blind scan it just scans as if everything is normal but there are no channels scaned.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Bowshocker

Post Number: 33
thus check my post "unable to lock 61.5" i have exactly same issue as yours. simple setup one lnb , standard setup, i know exact location like you as i've seen this before..and moved to 110 short while and came back..no improvements..when i go to that exact location..sig 78% quality 0-80% flickering..no matter what ..anything i try..nothing happens no lock..but 110 is with ease..

let me know if you are able fix it..there are some various suggestions on that post..im goin to try this weekend..if i succeed will let you know

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1077
Thus, it sounds like ur not pointed right. Ur signal shows 75, that means ur connected to the lnb right, 0 quality means it doesnt see the sat. Have u tried to "tweek" it?
Most of the time, problems like this is something very simple that u have overlooked or dont think it could be the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us