Cell phone numbers going public tomorrow

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12499
Cell phone numbers going public tomorrow

REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls.

.....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time
It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

or you can do this via the internet, at this link...

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

You can also register your home phone as well...up to 3 phone numbers...

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

It take about 20 seconds.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 639
Thank You!!!

Username: Darthhater

Pleasantville, Deep,Deep South USA

Post Number: 9
What about the "NO SPAM" list ?

Silver Member
Username: Lolol

Post Number: 127
is this only for US?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I belive Canada has had a similar program for some time .

Bronze Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 96
As always, THAAAAANK YOU LK for being very informative and helpful.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10351
Registered.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Hope they call cartier 1 !

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1123
darthhater u sound like satscanner . u have nothing to do in your life . no problem u go after me u gonna just loose.

i did call them . so cool off.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Your paranoid . U think nobody reads your posts ? This is a public forum, and things you've posted are beyuon contentious,and I don't think the're to many laws you have'nt broke here.

You go a head and report whoever you want .We have you in our sites .

Username: N00b

Post Number: 4
Guys, just for records this is a HOAX.

snippet below from from:https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Did you get an email claiming that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls because of a new cell phone number database? Those claims are not true. In fact, federal law prohibits telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phones. You may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry, but there is generally no reason to do so. For more information, see the FTC's press release "The Truth about Cell Phones and the Do Not Call Registry".

Cheers !!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12519
This is NOT a hoax...I get telemarketers ocassionally now calling my cell phone....NOT all use an "automated" calling system...I have the state police, democrat club, etc call me seeking donations, all the time...and I know where and how they got my name and number,,,from a local golf course where I use a different name ( its an old joke and long story) but my real phone #, every time I have called there and made a T time...the telemarkets arlways ask for my "golf gourse" name..."hello may I speak to Mr IP Daley please"..

so there is reason to be on a DO NOT call list!

Silver Member
Username: Banti

Post Number: 291
LK who cares about ur TRASH info..we HATE u ok:-)) haha dont cry:-( boo hoo

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1191

Hey,Noob....THANKS
I went to the website you posted
and registed our house phone.
I hope it works, we sure get alot of calls.
Again thanks

Username: Dr_dss

Post Number: 1
HOAX

Of course it is.

When people like LK get old they lose control over reason and common sense.

http://hoaxbusters.org/faq.html

Yikes! Telemarketers will soon have access to your cell phone number.

As is the case with most hoaxes and urban legends, this one is put together with some fact and some fiction.

First, the fact. You can register your cell phone number with the FTC's National Do Not Call List, which is designed to stop telemarketing calls (see information below). You can register your home or cell phone for free, and registration is effective for five years.

Now, the fiction. Cell phone numbers are NOT going to be released to telemarketers in the near future, nor are they ever going to be released to telemarketers. This rumor probably began with the announcement that a group of cell phone companies were going to combine forces to produce a listing of cell phone users' names and numbers that would be available to directory assistance providers. This would not be a printed phone book, but rather something that you would access by calling directory assistance at 411, or 555-1212 with an area code, just as you now do to find someone's phone number. And, according to the the cell phone companies, those who choose to participate in this service will be able to "opt-in" (you would have to specifically ask to be included in the listing). Those who choose not to participate will not be included. Finally, telemarketers do not use 411 services for contacting people.

One should not expect to receive accurate information from an e-mail chain letter. And one should definitely not pass on e-mail chain letters to others.

register online: https://www.donotcall.gov/Register/Reg.aspx
register via phone: 1-888-382-1222

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1125
Darthhater
what is your f*ucking problem
jsu for the record im not looking for friends ,like u lonely cheap f*uck red nick.
im here to exchange informations .
by the way you picked on me . i never can just insult someone like that unless they start insulting me . so simple .
so stay away from me faggggggg

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Pardon ? Ok, azzhole, what ever u say , but I'm sure many , many disagree with your comments or your posistion on that statement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us