RCA 27F534T Quit Working

Username: Hrubyde

Post Number: 1
Video and audio just quit while I was watching. Side buttons and remote do not work. No burning smell. I can hear the instant on working normally (actually takes about 10 seconds with that blue light on the bottom front flashing) but that is all. I took the back off after a few days and see no black or fire traces. I am not against changing out boards. Thanks for any help.

Username: Aburris

Post Number: 1
I am having the same problem, did you recieve any help?

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 489
checked your connections I assume?
If so, Alex seems right.

Username: Hrubyde

Post Number: 2
After looking for burn marks and checking all connections I took it to a local reliable repair shop (actually a father /son Zenith shop but privately owned and in business 30 years here). Here are the results: Failed high voltage flyback transformer RCA#270879 at location T402 which caused a failed transistor RCA#268428 at location Q405. Chassis ATC010A on this model. They are on B/O since last May at his 2 normal suppliers. At his Chicago parts house they have 100 on order with 70 spoken for. I Google searched for a supplier and ordered the tranformer but just got an email B/O notice from them even though they said it was in stock at their site. Great!! The same notice had an est. ship date of Oct 27th. Haven't called yet. Other places on the web say they have them. I suggest you call & ask if you order. I have not called RCA to find out their reason for lack of supplying parts they know are faulty by now with all these orders and what they plan to do for the people without a TV for 6 months. The $6 transistor is supposedly available. Hope this helps someone. If anyone actually has these in stock please let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us