Clone, clone, clone...did i say clone?

Silver Member
Username: Steph_raven

Cartier is my boy toy!..., U wanna play... Canada

Post Number: 174
Hi Guys,
got a problem with my famous pancrap cloner 2700n2..thought i had gotten rid of it but it's still haunting me. so here's the problem..we i have it at my house i have no problems with it..it work with some or minor glitches like if i change the channels to fast and stop on a channel it might say "scrambled or bad channel" so i skip up and come back and voila the channel is back. for some reason that i haven't figured out yet, i sold it to my neighbor and when i installed it had all of the 400 channel bev offers. the next day when my neighbor scrolls thrw the channels he get a "no signal" i tried to rescan and all he gets is 213 channels or so. i re installed the bin"213" and rescanned. we got all the channels but the next day...."NO SIGNAL" on the some...any ideas?
btw i did not touch any settings.. the only difference btween his set up and mine is, his signal comes in at 86% and mine is 99-100%

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 3191
That was the beginning of the end for my 2700c .It started doing the same thing a long time back.Unfortunatly, the problems gets worse .In a nut shell the memory chip is corrupted and starts to reboot all the time. j-tagging is only a temp solution for it,eventually it gets to the point were you have to j-tag it everyday.I parted mine out for the remote and power supply, they fit the 2300 to 3500 boxes as well and the 3500 owners need them bad.Yours might turn out different but, mine didn't and I moved on to newer boxes. I learned alot with that box , modded the power supply and more. Good luck Stephane , keep us posted on how things turn out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
ok maybe but i doubt it might be the same, like i said at my place i don't have any problems. when it was at my mom's and now at my neighbor's it's acting up. i will verify the tp's that aren't working....maybe cuz of the weak signal, it might affect certain tp's. i've plugged in my bev 3100 to verify my tp's. ie on tp 11 my signal is 100% and on tp 14 it's 82%. i have not even checked but can tp's be changed on fta receivers?..thanks Sat!!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12307
Each TP has designated channels on it, usually ...when U change channels, it changes to a another transponder usually...so its best to align the dish on the weakest TP's using a DN receiver...then the FTA will work the best on all the channels and TP's.....

BTW...the problem at your house, sounds like its a switch going bad, or cable-connection issue...

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
i will check the connections but switch....there are no switches involved. straight pipe from dish to receiver...

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12316
if NO switch, then possible weak/poor connections or cable...or just have a very slow channel changing box...but sounds more like a cable/connection issue than box issue..

Bronze Member
Username: Jfk

Post Number: 32
do a blind scan from neighbors house on both sats right over exsiting channels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
if i do a blind scan i'll get duplicate channels. why would want that? btw i'm only interested in bev.

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 558
Does "BEV" know that? You two timer you. LOL Dave and Charely will get jealuos now. For shame on you Stephane .. Here I thought you were devoted to ............? I dunno what I am talkin' about today ignore me LOL

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 559
oops spell check .... "Charlie" i meant .
"charely" was the other guy or was it Cartier > What the heck do I know anyway!

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 133
Honey, go take a nap and when you wake up every thing will be O.K.

Gold Member
Username: Dude123

Post Number: 1192
yeah Doreen you have been acting wierd today...whats up with you?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us