Dish setting

Silver Member
Username: Yashmatharu

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 153
Folks,

got a new (2nd) dish for positioning to 61.5. However, I am getting poor signal wherever i move this one whereas when i move my first dish i see changes in levels and quality and satellite names also change.
I have check both of my LNBs they are working fine on first dish that means there is no problem of LNB. What do you think there can be a problem?

Username: Toronto_jatt

OntarioCanada

Post Number: 9
yash check your switch as well, try putting the cable for new dish to the point you were using before. I guess some time due to dust or rain switchs do go bad.... just a guess

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12229
Use the many sat finder calculators posted here...and/or buy a cheap $15 satfinder meter from radio shack....also do NOT use switches, and run cable DIRECTLY from the 61.5 to the receiver to align the dish correctly..Once u have it aligned, THEN connect a switch (weatherproof it in attic or tupperware etc) to both dishes and LNB's and receiver/s..

BTW....LNB's on first dish, will have NOTHING to do with the LNB's on the 2nd dish!

Bronze Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 91
i'm just a bit confused as to which way to point a new dish..i have been getting 91 on an 18 in dish and now i would like to get a 36 in dish to pick up dishnet,,,i would point the new dish a little bit to the west of 91 or to the east?

Bronze Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 93
is this a stupid question or what??i'm in saskatchewan and my dish for 91 is pointing almost straight south....so where would 119 be in relation to that.to the east of it or to the west?

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 541
try this site to look for the right area in the sky in your area of the world .
http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us