Recent Channel Changes

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 611
Most recent changes to the Dish Channel List page

9/19/07

A channel labeled "SRI" is now uplinked to channel 104 on tp 11 at 119° but unavailable to subscribers yet.
Shop Latino TV is now available to all subscribers on channels 220 and 883 at 110°
GEM TV shopping network has completed its move to channel 226. It has been removed from channel 225.
NHL TV in HD is now uplinked to channel 403 and mirrored on channel 559 on tp 13 at 61.5° and tp 6 at 129°. Dish Network decided to launch it the same way DirecTV launched its HD channels today... That is...it is not available to subscribers yet.
(for the humor impaired...that's a joke)
Tapesh 1 and 2 Farsi channels have been removed from channels 753 & 754 at 118° and 121°
International Free Preview channels 574 and 575 have been removed from subscriber tiers again.
Another flavor of Zee TV has been uplinked? But why to 119°? Hmmmm.. ZEE SA is now uplinked to channel 576 tp 21 at 119° and tp 12 at 61.5°.
UPDATE: This is possibly Zee Sports America
MAA TV another south asian channel is now uplinked to channel 811 tp 24 at 118°. Not available to subscribers yet
Music Hits One, a punjabi channel is now uplinked to channel 812 tp 24 at 118°. Not available to subscribers yet
TeleFormula, a Mexican news channel is now uplinked to channel 858 tp 19 at 110°. Not available to subscribers yet.
Channel 1, Gemini TV, Siurya TV and TV5 are all mirrored on channels 5714-5717 at 121° for some reason. Each channel appears to be an identical mirror available to subscribed customers.
Update: The original channel slots for these channels (731, 799, 800, 806) all moved to tp 13 at 121.
Time for some house keeping at 148°! All the channels on tp 13 are gone! TP 13 was removed from the tables. Test channels 5923-5934 and 5944-5950 have been removed.
PPV HD, HBO HD and Showtime HD have been removed from 148° ONLY. They were on channels 9428, 9430 and 9440. These channels are still available at 110°.
New test channels on tp 10 at 148°. 3 hd and 3 sd on channels 5951-5953 and 5956-5958.
SOON channels 3, 4 and 5 have been removed from tp 16, 18 and 10 at 110°, 119 and 119° respectively. These channels "feed" your DVR all that fine VOD stuff we looooove so much. NOT
A channel called VERIA is now uplinked to tp3 at 110° channel 9510. The only "Veria" I can find is a health food channel. If it is this channel, that is an odd place for it!
NHL Center Ice channels in HD are now uplinked BUT NOT AVAILABLE YET on channels 9543-9558 at 61.5° and 148.
NBA League Pass channels in HD are also uplinked and also not available on channels 9561-9572
MIG1 and MIG2 (whatever they are) are now uplinked to tp 13 at 121° channels 9791 and 9792.

Username: Tish

Post Number: 6
Can anyone tell me what happened to channel 5 rtp channel. I know it got taken off but can someone please tell me if it has been changed to a different channel. Thanks

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 616
Not enough info given . Channel 5 rtp????

Post Number: 7
Channel 5 was the portuguese channel called rtp. I'm getting no signal and I can't locate the channel anywhere else. Please help me. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12285
what satellite?

Post Number: 9
Sorry, I guess I should mention that I have pansat 2700a.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 618
RTP (Radio Telvisia de Potugal) went Global with Intelsat on 6 Sep...Read the following to find new bird: http://www.intelsat.com/press/news-releases/2007/20070906.asp

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1161

Hey, Costa
LK ask what Satellite, not the name of your Receiver.RPT plus many other Portuguese Channels are on these Birds.
EchoStar 3 @ 61.5W
Anik F3 @ 118.oW
EchoStar 9 @ 121.oW
" 1 @ 148.oW.

Name the Bird.

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the info Zulu and Kevin. I'll have to find out what bird. I have another issue with my receiver. The remote control is not working. I tried changing the batteries, the power light comes on on the remote but it doesn't do anything on the receiver. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it or do I have to buy a new remote. Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12323
hit STB on the remote to make sure U're in the FTA receiver mode..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12325
Try the following methods to check and fix the remote:

1. Did you press the "STB" button first before trying to control the receiver? "STB" means set top box which is the standard industry term for receiver. It is the same function as pressing "TV" before operating the television or "VCR" before using the VCR.

2. Check the battery power and replace them if necessary. When you press the remote buttons, the power button will flash bright red if the power is good but will flash a dim red or none at all if the battery power is low or gone.

3. Reset the remote control by opening the battery compartment. Take one of the batteries and reverse its direction and place it back in the compartment. Press some of the buttons on the remote a couple of times and then, place the batteries back to their regular direction.
If you've tried all three of the suggestions above and your remote control is still inoperable, send it to us www.pansatusa.com for repair or replacement.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1164

Costa
Make sure that your TV is set on Channel 3 or 4
and on your Remote, check the Mode setting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1165

o,Lk
sorry about that, didn't see you

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12326
NP...that happens all the time to all of us...2 people typing and posting at same time...and good point about channel 3-4..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12360
Most recent changes to the Dish Channel List page

9/26/07

Showtime Free Preview was uplinked and is now available to all subscribers except Dish Family on channels 288-297. It includes the entire Show Unlimited package EXCEPT Showtime HD. These channels are mirrors of the showtime channels in the 300 block.

A new channel! But nothing to get excited about. Yet another infomercial channel came live today on channel 104. The continuing invasion of shopping channels to the standard channel range now includes SRI (what ever it stands for).

Comcast Sports Net West (Sacramento) in HD is now available to subscribers as a part-time channel on channel number 359 at 129°

Altitude Sports HD is now available as a part time channel on 360 at 129°

Comcast Sports Mid Atlantic HD is now available as a part time channel on 374 on both 129° and 61.5°

Fox Sports Ohio (North, Central, Southeast) HD is now available on channel 375 at 129°

SATA, ESPND, and REAL preview channels that have been hidden for some time on channels 284-286 have been removed.

Several Phoenix channels were mirrored on channels 5992-5999 with an X added to the call letters. Dish has done this previously when they plan to move channels to another satellite location. The current guess is these channels are moving to 110° in the coming weeks.

Discovery HD Theater changed its name to just "HD Theater" on September 1, 2007 to prevent confusion with Discovery HD which went on the air at the same time. Channels 5500 (AK & HI only) and 9421 changed EPG name from DSCHD to HDTHR.

The Fishtank channel (HDTV3 channel 9443) has been removed from tp 30 at 61.5°. This was a demo channel for retailers which showed a fish tank during the off hours.

Veria, moved from channel 9510 to 9575. It is still in the wrong channel area for a PI channel, but that is what it is! A health and Wellness channel.

Username: Deepam

Post Number: 2
Is any one getting these channels, how to get these ones please help

Channel 1, Gemini TV, Surya TV and TV5 are all mirrored on channels 5714-5717 at 121° for some reason. Each channel appears to be an identical mirror available to subscribed customers.

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 636
http://www.lyngsat-address.com/gk/Gemini-TV.html
scroll down to sattelites, bookmark this site for future reference.

Post Number: 5
thanks zulu
I tried to scan several time but still not getting these channels it not on the list at all please help..aslo can yoou please tell me how to add a new sat on the receiver list I wanted add 118.. I have cool3at 5000 receiver thanks

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 638
delvi! You must aim a dish at those satellites I have mentioned, add satellite settings to your STB and scan.

Post Number: 6
but zulu I don't have this sat on my STB list . Howto add this sat 118 to STB list My receiver is cools*at 5000 thanks.. and do I need a new LNB to receive signals. Now my dish facing 121

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12486
Go read the 'coo*lsat for dummies" guide...and I already told u how to get the 118.8 with a linear freq and circular polarity LNB..

Silver Member

Pluto

Post Number: 644
10/3/07 C/P

Veria ( Pronounced ve-REE-ah) is now available to subscribers on channel 9575 and 281.(ANON) This is a new channel on free preview for the month. Afterwards the channel will be $2.99 a la carte. There was a news release mentioning that this channel would also be part of AT250 though none of the information on the channel says that right now. Channel 9575 is a VERY odd place for a standard def channel part of any AT package.
At 1:00 PM EDT TV Chile programming was removed from the system. Channel 842 no longer shows TV Chile programming. A slate is now what you see if you tune to channel 842. The slate says: TV Chile ya no esta disponible en DISH Network. Lamentamos cualquier inconveniente que esto le pueda ocasionar y esperamos que continue disfrutando sus canales de DISH Network. (Greg)
Translation: TV Chile is no longer available on Dish Network. We regret any inconvenience this may cause and hope that you will continue to enjoy your Dish Network Channels.
Free Preview channel range changes (ANON) - Remember channels 281-297 are all mirrors of existing channels :
281 ESPN U became Veria.
282 and 283 (FSC and VS) are no longer available on free preview.
Channels 290-298 now house the HBO channels. The channels will show up on the EPG however the free preview does not start until tomorrow morning at 6am. Until then when the channels are selected, they come up with "program not available" prompt.
As mentioned in an earlier change, Fox Sports Net New England is now Comcast Sports Net New England. Today Dish changed the EPG on channels 385 and 435 from FOXNE to CSNNE to reflect this change. (ANON)
Foreign Programming Free preview channels 574 and 575 moved from tp 12 to 16 at 61.5° and from tp 25 to 27 at 148° (ANON)
Two new foreign language channels were uplinked but not available to subscribers.
ZTV (presumably NOT Zee TV) channel 754 tp 19 at 129°
XTV channel 573 tp 25 at 129°
Test channel 5748 TWCV2 was removed from tp 23 at 148°
HDTV channel "ATT" added to 9646 tp 6 at 129°. (ANON) This channel is square in the middle of the Dish Network Business TV channel range. These channels are generally closed circuit channels for training, video conferencing and other such uses. As the name indicates, this is probably an internal AT&T channel. At this moment it is reported that the channel only has a Dish logo at Full HD resolution.
Channel 9901 changed names from D1000 to D129 to conform with the reset of the "Aiming" channels.(ANON) This channel is strictly to help techs aim satellite dishes and to help CSRs determine what satellites you are receiving. This channel is specifically to determine if you have a dish pointed at the 129° satellite. The D1000 was for "Dish 1000".
CALL LETTER CHANGES ON LOCAL TV CHANNELS
Channel 7698 WHMM became KGLA.
Channel 8283 WTGL became WLHV (Removed bad hyperlink)
Channel 8284 WLCB became WTGL (Removed bad hyperlink)
Though Dish Network did not change this one yet the name and hyperlink have been changed on the chart. Channel 8307 WTBS became WPCH with a new web site. TBS (139) no longer has a broadcast station. It is now a 100% cable channel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us