Unlocking of the iPhone

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3730
ZDNET news:
'The unlocking of the iPhone, detailed by Engadget, Jason O'Grady and others, sends a strong signal. The walled garden approach of wireless carriers may not work over the long term. Sure, we'll pay an access fee, but don't limit my browser and what I can do with my smartphone. The Web surfing in the iPhone illustrates the future it's just the network you use stinks. Unlocking phones everywhere'"via paid and open source software'"changes that equation''.'

Quote from Engadget
'So last Friday we got two things from iPhoneSIMfree: the demo version of their software SIM unlock solution, and the promise that it would be available for purchase today. We can't confirm that anyone's actually received their iPhone unlock orders, but we did get to test the release version of the software unlock today -- the very same thing people all over will be paying to unlock their devices with -- and, not surprisingly, it works like a charm'..'

Quote from Jason )'Grady
'Hot on the heels of yesterday's US$100 iPhone unlocking solution comes an open-source version that's completely free. Yes free. According to Engadget iUnlock isn't for the faint of heart and requires iUnlock + nor + the .fls file, which is available in ZIPs all over.'

Silver Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 225
i unlocked mine a couple of days ago :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Iamdrumming

Post Number: 29
So what does this have to do with satellite TV? You should be posting this in the cell phone part of Ecoustics.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/portables/8830.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us