Glaxy 25 impossible to pick up on birdog

Username: S0z3

Post Number: 1
hey i got a 31" fortec dish and a universal lnb. i also have a birdog 3.0 but when i try to pick up galaxy 25, is impossible to do. i try for 2hr last night and still no luck, i tried on the floor and it indicate found but no even 5% on quality. why??? when i mount the dish on the roof i cant pick up the sat. .. i live in wilmington DE. Thank You.

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 242
Make certain of your azimuth and elevation, check that nothing (limbs, chimney, etc.) is in the way, and then try to retune.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1137

Hey, yoshi
Make sure that your Dish is align to these settings first and then turn the Birdog loose.
Elevation= 39 Degrees.
Azimuth= 221.6 "

It's not easy to pickup this Bird.
You may also need a larger Dish, 90 cm.

BTW I also purchase a Birdog.
I had them make me a custom file of all the Satellites that I was interested in.
It took them a long time but,I just receive it.
I can't wait to try it out. Any pointers?

Username: S0z3

Post Number: 2
ok the problem is the elavation on my dish as stated on the website is 40 degree, but the actual elvation in my area is 30 degree. one thing i notice when i'm using the birdog is, the meter said found but it is always 0%. ( i set it to universal glaxy 25 and is the latest file) when i hook up the meter, it got 66% quality. i also do a blind scan, but i cant pick up the chinese chanels on

11836 V
tp 5

any help would be appreciate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us