Still no fix for problem

Silver Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 231
for some reason my extreme only downloads off verdical and not horizontal, yet my Crapsat has no problem. so every channel i have on the viewsat extreme is missin every horizontal channel. if i swap out the viewsat with my Pansat and reload off the sat i get all channels. anyone ever run across this problem? i checked everything in the viewsat and compaired it to the pansat. and its all the same. is it maybe a bug and i need to reload everything? started with this problem about 6 months ago and replaced every piece of wire running up to the unit and there are no switches to replace (LK recommended checking that, and i do value his input) with no change.

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 767
CRAPSAT? Is this a FTA company?

If you're having problem getting signal when you scan, please turn OFF your receiver from the back. Then, disconnect your satellite cable from your receiver and wait 5 - 10 seconds. Then, reconnect your satellite cable to your receiver and turn your receiver ON.

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 233
ive already did that, i pulled it out to install the new bin files beside the pc to make things easier. so that effect would have already been placed

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 770
Fine, then do a FACTORY RESET on your Viewsat Extreme, and then re-scan your satellite(s). I'm sure that'll solve your problem. If still NO luck, then I suggest you to ask LK.

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 234
talked to him 6 months ago, he felt it was either sat not aimed properly (recheched + pansat shouldnt get all channels if that was problem) poss. bad cable. replaced. or bad switch. non available

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 235
got some ideas off of Totalfta i'll try.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11692
are U using same disque switch for both receivers?...not sure of your setup....have u just flip flopped the 2 receivers and changed their antenna settings?.....are U using 2 sats , 1 dish, and 2 receivers?...please refresh my memory about your hardware and situation...

BTW...viewsat switches really SUCK!

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 929
av go stright to your lnb type and change it to the correct one . you may have standard and you put dp .dp scan only verticals

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 236
currently i'm running 1 dish pointed to 1.3 1 reciever. (always carry a backup though) main reciever is the extreme, backup is the pansat 2700a no switches. right from lnb to reciever to lower complications and figure out the problem

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 237
and lnb is at standard on extreme, same as pansat

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2984
Ok, let me see if I got this straight, you have a single dish, with a standand or dp lnb?
It is a single output lnb [one terminal] with a new cable going to one receiver [only]at a time.
And it works fine when connected to the pansat ,but not getting horizontal tp's on the VS , and no switches involved . Correct?

First recheck your antanae settings on the vs after you've factory reset and rescanned, sometimes they change on there own back to what was set it the bin program.

Also check the voltage on the output of the receiver lnb terminal for both 12, 18v when switching tp's.This will require a cheap multimeter .If both voltages are present for the appropriate v/h settings you have a "Tempermental lnb". different ma in current output from receivers, if both voltages aren't present at the apropriate time you have a receiver hardware issue inside the box.

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 239
K, no need for the cheap multimeter, Hvac by trade so i have a good one. Thanks LK thanks Sat for all your information and helping me to get this sorted again now that i have time to fight with it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2986
Good luck,hope it's the lnb and not the receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1126

Mr. Pig
Long time no see.How are things on the farm?
My fruit trees and garden didn't put out much this year with all this heat.You being in the Great White North had any problems?

Now back to the Thread.
It is strange that you bring this up.
My started doing the same yesterday.

LK, Mr. Pig has said that he SWAP the Viewsat with his Pansat. Now why would he change his switch?

BTW AV why would you disconnect the cable from the receiver? How could that cause the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 427
diseqc switch has to be changed!! And u r good to go!!

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 714
He said from the beginning that if he swaps them the VS works. Has to be a cable, switch, or LNB.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11702
kavin....if he's using 2 receivers hooked up to a disque switch...then he flip flops the receivers, the present antenna receiver settings will be incorrect, cause they have the port settings from their old cable locations...very simple..

BTW...I said change SETTINGS...not switch!
"have u just flip flopped the 2 receivers and changed their antenna settings?"

Mr Pig...I still really have no clue what U just said about your hardware and their details. .. I will try and help but u got to meet half way and provide clear DETAILED info...

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1128

pannu, Mr.Pig said, that he has no switch, right from the LNB to the Receiver.

dantetn,how can it be a defectived cable or LNB
and work with one Receiver but not the other?

I think Mr. Pig has answer his own question.
No brainier, problem in the Receiver?

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 240
Sat hit it on the nail, i have 1 sat, going from LNB straight to VS i get vertical but not horizontal. if i take out the VS and put in my Pansat and do a scan off of it i can get both Horizontal and Vertical. no switches. only 1 cable. using only 1 reciever at a time. i have a feeling from the way people are talking maybe my reciever has gone bad but its just speculation at the moment. cant see a "sticky" lnb work for one reciever but not the other. unless that is just the way sometimes it works. i'll throw my multimeter on it today and find out whats going on. soon as it hits Horizontal on a scan i lose all signal on the VS. Yes i had BOTH hooked up at one point in time but i removed EVERYTHING to try and eliminate any problems while trying to figure out the problem.

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 241
and lnb is dp lnb, just settings on both units are set to standard. ive tried changing it with no change in scan

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 242
I also found a post on another site that says VS sometime is glitchy. to put setting to quad even if i dont have it. flash back to factory bin and then reload. not sure if that will work. but i'll use volt first since that is the easiest to do

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11704
Mr Pig...so u are saying that u have...

1 "unknown" dish (DTV, Dish 500 Twin, Bev, etc) and LNB type (Legacy, Dish Pro....single, dual, twin, quad...etc)

and an "unknown" quanity of LNB's...

aimed at 91W...

Use ONLY 1 receiver at a time...and do NOT have 2 receivers configured to work at the same time in your house

and your 2nd receiver is NOT hooked up at all...its just a "backup" (in the closet) in case other receiver fails...

and U have 1 single cable from an "unknown" LNB configured directly to the ONLY receiver U have hooked up...

and U have "unknown" receiver antenna settings, input into both your receivers (main and "in the closet" backup)

using an "unknown" bin on each reciver

and your Pansat works fine on all Bev channels, but the Viewsat doesn't...even when the Rev 248 update was going on

is this correct?

OK...now lets get these "unknowns to = known...then maybe we can help you out...

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 244
sorry its a dish 500, with dish pro lnb. (dual) only 1 lnb (2 outputs) and yes only 1 reciever at a time with other reciever in closet in case of a backup. bins in both units are newest bins that just came out this week. (dpsw-070905x for VS 209 for Pan) current setting on VS are:

Satellite: Nimiq 91.0w LNB power: on LNB type: Standard (was on OCS-DP as well. someone said try standard in another area at one time) LNB Freq: 11250 22KHz: Off TP Freq: 12224 Search Option: All DisEqC: None Motor: Off Legacy SW: None
and of course when Rev 248 was going on both were down. VS has been causing me the problems since way before that.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11706
DP LNB's converts all signals to vertical ...

FTA testing requires to change all Horizontal polarity to Vertical due to the fact that Dish Pro uses stacked technology(bandstacking scheme the IF frequency of the horizontal block is shifted upwards to vertical) They will need to be edited for example( just go to Menu-Installaytion-Tp/edit and set all to V) then subtract all horiz. transps. frecuencies from 25600. enter result as your new transp freq. (IE. on sat 119 transp 6 is 12297h. doing the subtraction, you get 13303. So change transp 6 to 13303). This is needed because dishpro lnbs use an oscilator that runs at 25600mhz. this is mixed with the horizontal transp freqs and new freqs are generated.

Try using a Dish Pro channel list....or vertical scans only...

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 245
Oh, never knew any of that. but now that presents another question for me, why is it the pansat will do both Vertical and horizontal? is sometimes the old and cheap the easiest of use? LOL

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 246
k, got a channel list for myself. thanks LK i'll try that later on. have to go and do what i have to ta pay the bills and the hobbies

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 719
Kavin,I thought pig said when he swapped them it worked. He meant the pansat worked from where the VS was. sry.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11720
I personally think he has a scan and antenna settings issue with the viewsat.....never really learned it...and is more use to the pansat..nothing serious , that he can't resolve..

Silver Member

Post Number: 931
mrpig you dont listen so keep listening to bs . i hope nothing will worl for you . you dont even hell appreciate what poeple tell you.
i hope you will never solve the probelm so long .

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 247
i hope it doesnt Worl for me too, take it the spell checker went down again snapperhead? get over yourself

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
U CAN NOT EVEN F*UCKING SCAN YOUR CHANNEL PIG . SO GO F*UCK YOURSELF . AND STFU IDIOT
ask your sis she will do it for you . she knows how to scan a d*ick in her so it's easy to do it for u fat a*ss

Gold Member

Post Number: 2993
Upload
DAMN! cartier was here!

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 248
sorry, no fat a.ss, no sister. wrong again. you must be thinking of last night with you waking up next to your brother

Gold Member

Vaccinated against ca...

Post Number: 2995
Mr pig, you don't need to use a dp channel list or v scan only .If it's not working with the settings and equipment as you've described , but works on the pansat fine ,I'm thinking more towards a receiver lnb power circuit issue on the VS. Is it possible there was a bad coax connection or short at one time or another ,or connected at one time through loop through connection by mistake , or had switches or coax connected or disconnected while the receiver was on ? This could cause this power issue with the lnb power circuit. After you check the voltages on vert/hor for 12v/18v lnb terminal, post back let us know , then we can ,help from there.

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 249
thanks Sat, soon as i get home from this job i'll post and let you know what i find

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 250
Coax shows ok on testing (old) but have new coax up now just to eliminate that problem. whenever cable was removed from ANY source the power was shut off from the rear of the reciever. so no to my knowledge non of that was done.

Gold Member

Vaccinated against ca...

Post Number: 2999
Could also be just a defective electronic component inside also, it happens.I read alot about ppl complaining about VS using sub standard parts inside and need to use better quality parts for quality control.

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 251
ya, i lose all power every time it goes to a horizontal scan, nada

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11758
That is NOT a receiver component issue...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11759
But I will step aside and let SS and U work this one out...

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 252
No need to get pissy LK, any info that i can get is good info in my mind

Gold Member

Vaccinated against ca...

Post Number: 3002
And it's set for standard lnb?
Does it show it switching from v to h polarity on the screen menu when u switch channels ?
If it is you have a receiver component issue inside.
Lk, i'm running Vs ultra dp duall's ,no channel list set to standand lnb no problems.

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 253
shows V and H on scan, every time it hits H everything drops out so i dont have any Horizontal channels to switch thru, only vertical channels

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1366
MrPig
Yo have damaged your internal transformer or voltage regulater/transistor

To be exactly sure
- Get a simple dish (any dish) with one single legacy LNB and scan one satellite. No DISEqC switch one straight known good coax cable straight to receiver If you still missing the same polarity this confirms type of damage.

It maybe also be LNB some how not trigering the switching stock on same voltage.

Gold Member

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great white ...

Post Number: 3006
Well, u have a receiver component failure inside.
you have 4 options.
1 send it in for repair
2 use it for vertical channels only
3 buy another receiver
4 bypass the horizontal channels issue by a workaround as posted by LK in his post #11706
more complicated but should work around this issue with dp lnb only.

let us know how things work out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3007
damn ,lol you slid your post in before me . same post time,thats why i had to repost while it blocked,.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3008
King, the lnb is working on his pansat,so I'll rule that out . receiver problem for sure ,we both agree.No voltage for horizontal.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11762
MrPig..I'm trying to help u, and not being "pissy"...too many hands in the pot here...we just get in each others way...so I will stay out and let SS hook U up...this way u get 1 on 1 help....nothing personal towards U or SS...unbelieveable here, seems like everyone cops an attitude quickly here, no matter what I do or say..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11763
BTW....I hope u resolve the problem...and good luck...its too early in the morning to be reading this attitude crap...so maybe see ya later..think I'll just go read the news instead...or mow the lawn

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 254
LOL, wasnt copn a attitude, misread you post i guess

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 524
why does DN work on new bin but BEV keeps rollin'. did factory reset for all channels scaned the sats , only got 63 channels for DN and 144 for BEV. no horizontal on DN all locked checked the TP setting and diquec are all right ... I am getting pissed off at this new bin

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1369
Doreen get a quick refund on this new bin.
I hope yo didn't get that from Faroque.

SS
Yo can't rule out LNB cuz slim chance maybe on damaged Load resistor of LNB even if switching on different receivers. Better to be sure than rush to repair shop.

Mr. Pig I'm telling yo it is a hardware problem.

LK has a great point post 11706. I never liked those DP LNBs this is why I say get a different LNB for a testing purpose. But if the edit TP doesn't work then what is the problem?

Silver Member

Ya Right

Post Number: 255
well that didnt work either. LOL. thinking maybe i should just break down and buy new equipement and start over. LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
ok guys i have great news .... I GOT MY VS EXRTEME UP AND RUNNING AGAIN ... I got A NEWER bin file from totalfta and first flashed with factory bin since things got all messed up b4 Then flashed using new bin changed the LMB freq.setting to 11250 for echo 8/10. I guess in the new bin its wrong. Bev works great got all the channels back for both sats.

Silver Member

Post Number: 956
MR PIG YOU SHOULD GO CHECK YOURSELF IN HOSPITAL AND TAKE WITH YOU LK AND SADSCANNER THE 3 MOSQUETERES WHO CAN NOT SCAN H THIS IS REALLLLLLLLLLLLY JOKE HAHAHA YOU STILL CAN NOT FIGURE IT OUT HAHAHAHA.

I WILL CALL YOU THE 3 TENORS .

Silver Member

Post Number: 526
i guess i should add i didnt try echo 7 yet but things should work ok i hope!

Silver Member

Post Number: 957
DOREEN WHO GIVES A F*UCK IF IT'S RUNNING .

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
Cartier Back off a bit and go out the same way you came in here the door is >>>>>>>>>>>>>this way

Silver Member
Username: Nbn

Post Number: 140
cartier you can be funny , if only you could leave the extreme pedophilic views behind. why don't you try being a human being for a few days. maybe your muslim brothers will start talking to you again instead of cutting you out of the pack.

Silver Member
Username: Nbn

Post Number: 144
by the way cartier , its musketeers,

mousqeteers would like bin laden , abu asif, etc..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11798
Doreen...

many times the antenna, LNB, dish, port, and freq settings will change when U upload a new bin...its very common...so always recheck the receiver settings when U change bins....

and as U discovered, do a factory reset and/or factory bin when things don't work like they use to..after U first do a reboot using the rear switch, which may correct any problems...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us