Bad or Scrambled Channel

Username: Bengal313

Post Number: 1
I am just getting into this Satellite TV stuff. I have read and downloaded all the manuals and tutorials from various websites. Here is my setup.

Pansat 3500SD, B80, 325 bin, DN installation.
2 dish 500 on roof. (110,119,61.5)

My signal strength for all echo 1.2, 3,7, 8.10 is great. When the Satellites was plugged into a DN receiver all the channels came in including international. But none of my channels are coming in on the Pansat Box. Everyone of them says "Bad or scrambled channel". Being a newbie can some one give me some advise on how to trouble shoot this?

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 146
Find and upgrade to the 326 bin. You'll get it at dssrookie.

Username: Packet_storm

Post Number: 10
What kind of LNB you using.

You need to provide more information.

Details count..

switches the whole ball of wax what you have.

Post Number: 2
I have 2 DN 500 dishes on the roof. One for the us channels and one for the international channels. One the US channels dish I have a dish pro LNB. Looks like it have 2 lnbs. The international has on 1 lnb.

I had it professionally installed by DN. As for setting up the box. I selected Echo 1.2,3,7,8.10. And used the "echost*r package as my Sat.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3610
Your setup with dishpro is trouble. This issue has been threshed many a time. The Pansat 3500 in particular does not have enough power to power it properly.
You need to separately power the system or use your DN receiver to power the system. Then Pansat 3500 will work.
To continue using your Pansat 3500 in the ay you are using it,is asking for further damage to power supply inside your Pansat.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11658
Many people use Dish Pro (DP) LNB's with their Pansats!...its VERY common!

If U have a Dish Pro PLUS (DPP), then thats not the same as just "Dish pro" (DP)...many fools think they are the same!

If U have a fairly new Dishnet installation, then U have DPP, and U will need to have a DN receiver (any...not necessarily subscribed either) powered ON alwaysfor the Pansat to work...and it should be cabled like this...

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11659
Simple DP LNB's do NOT require any extra power...just the DPP's setups need it..

Post Number: 3
Yeah I finally got it to work. I did a factory reset and started all over. Rescanned echo 7, 8.10, 61.5. Now I get all the American channels but no Souteast Asian Channels like B4uMusic, Zee TV. Any idea why? The setup is similar to to diagram above. How should I configure the echo (3)61.5 sat? DISEQC?

Note: I still have DN service in the other rooms. They are able to view International Channels.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3614
It is quite obvious that you have a three LNB two receiver setup. You have not stated what switch you are using. You will get everything working as long as the DN's original receiver is connected and kept on.
Ignore LK. We have had this discussion before and she has gone ahead trying to trash me and then in another thread given the same advice that she just trashed.

Post Number: 4
So what you are saying is that it's a power issue and not the setup of the echo 3 SAT. Is it still a power issue even though I am getting all the American channels. As for the switch I don't see one connected to the dish. My connection is like the above diagram. Can I split the SAT connection that goes into the STB two ways using a adapter and have one plug into the DN and Panast? Reason being I have only one line coming into my room from the SAT.

Post Number: 5
Also I went on the roof and checked the setup. I have a Dish Pro Plus and Dish Pro

Post Number: 6
Thanks guys I have it working. Some of the Indian Channels are coming in. Here is the weird part. I did everything you guys said. I set the Echo 3 to #3 and Standard. And plugged in my DN receiver. I got it working. I unplugged the DN receiver to clean it up but my Indian Channels are still working. Does that mean I don't need to leave the DN receiver on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us