Echostar 3 trouble with two dishes

Username: Logmein

Post Number: 1
What settings to do and how to do it please to get Indian channels with two dishes.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 130
For Asian channels on DN, point one dish to Echo 3 (61.5) and scan.

Post Number: 2
Are you suggesting that I need to change the direction of the dish physically from what it was done by DN. What do I need to do on the reciever setting if any at all. Thnx

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 135
LOL. No, PLEASE don't move the dishes. They are not as easy to point correctly.

If DN set up your dishes and you used to have Asian channels, one is already pointed at Echo 3. Try scanning that sat on Diseqc setting #3

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3566
Two dishes:
One usually points to 119W and/or 110W and we generally use Port 1 of DisEqC for 119W and Port 2 for 110W. This is just a convention, and you should presume this if you are looking at an existing installation.
The second dish is usually an 18 or 20" dish with one LNB pointing to 61.5W, and a proper vertical elevation. It is physically connected to Port 3.
If you are fiddling with the cables for port connections or connecting/disconnecting output cable at the receiver, KEEP THE RECEIVER POWER OFF.
In the software, you have to have the same port settings for the satellites as in the physical settings. You will then be able to see signal quality and strength above 75%.
I usually recommend a blind scan to get all the current channels. You will often get missing channels even after a blind scan. In that case do the individual TP scan of the missing channels.
Best of luck.

Post Number: 4
It worked with chosing port three for DisEqc for echostar 3 and blind scan worked even though the quality was zero prior to scan,

Thanks you all.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3580
san: re zero quality. Usually when you are in selecting Echo3 and setting its details, the quality and strength are those of the first of the list of TPs, and can be zero.
I am pleased you are up and running.

Post Number: 5
Now what happens is that I get the channels BUT the signal dies in few minutes, I power off the system completely and then restart, again it gets the signal but for few minutes and dies again. The max. it ran was for about 60-90 minutes at a stretch.

I have SV 4000, I wonder what is the problem. Sometime it has problem recognising the USB drive as well but pushing some button in random does the trick.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us