Cant get south asian channels. plz help.

Username: Chaatpakori

Post Number: 2
Hello. I have a c**lsat 7000 pvr. The 2 dish 500 dishes have been prealigned with dual lnb and im using a disecq switch. i have not changed anything. i was able to receive South asian channels (all Zee tv, sony, b4u etc)until about 4-5 weeks back until i installed the latest bin 113 and did a factory default setting on the receiver. Since then, i can only get 1 satellite found, 119. i am able to get the enlish channels but none of the the international hindi ones. i even lost channel 471 and 475 which is probably showing the one day international today!
i get a good green quality and signal strength for 61.5 and 148.0. while scanning, the topmost right corner shows 119 satellite. im not sure if thts how it shud be. i have scanned these again and again but still no sign of the south asian channels. somehow, all the rest echostar 119, 121, 129 and 110 get only a red 50 something strength but no quality.
plzzz help me.
Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Banti

Post Number: 114
well what u should do is do a factory setting, im am pretty sure it only says 119 in the corner because u probably have it swtiched on that from ur satellite outside, so what ur suppose to do it do a factory setting load a bin a newwer or older one thn 113 than u should turn ur receiver on and now u should scan one satellite at a time, then input keys and ur done. hope it helps

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3567
chaat pakori :
When you did the factory setting you removed all software settings on the DisEqC switch.
It is not sufficient to set echo 3 for scanning. You have to connect in software to the same port as it is connected to in the DisEqC.
The usually settings people use are:
119W to port 1
110W to port 2
61.5 to port 3 or port 4
Another problem very commonly seen, is that people connect and disconnect the cable to the receiver with the receiver on. You could have ruined the DisEqC switch which would then revert to Port 1 only.

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 137
chaat pakori, you make me hungry.

If you've not changed anything then loading the new bin probably reset your LNB and Diseqc settings. Go to installation and make sure your LNB setting is Dish-Pro. Scan Echo7 on Diseqc #1, Echo8 on #2 and Echo3 on #3. Echo3 should have all those South Indian channels.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3568
Sorry Abby - We posted at the same time. Please continue helping this guy.

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 139
That was uncanny - Both of us posting the same thing at the same second. LOL.

It's all good though. I'm sure chaat pakori (sure makes me hungry) couldn't care less where the help comes from as long as he/she gets all the channels:-)

Jump in anytime. From what I've seen, you know more about this than I do.

Post Number: 3
First of all, a big THANK YOU to all of you for ur advice.
I made changes to the disceq switch as suggested by Nalin Nyda, made sure 119 went to port 1, 110 to port 2 and 61.5 to port 3. then in my dish settings i made the corresponding changes for the 3 satellites i wanted. As a result i now get all the english channels and ppv, but only 3 (Zee tv, zcine and B4u) Hindi channels (south Asian). From the 61.5 it scans only 55 channels each time, im not sure why.
Also, im getting the channel 472, does anyone know if the cricket is shown in tht one or not.
Thank once again!

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 145
Thanks for the feedback. Often we don't even know if what we suggested ever worked.

Delete all channels on your 61.5 and run a BLIND SCAN on that sat. There are many more Hindi channels that you should be getting including one for Cricket (Ch 471).

Post Number: 4
Hi Abby. I just did what u had suggested and it worked very well. Im now getting all the hindi channels that im supposed to get from 61.5, including the one for cricket- ch 471.
Thanks a ton!

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 149
Glad to help. Enjoy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us