Dead pansat 3500A

Bronze Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 84
My friend's original pansat just went dead. No power at all. Is there anyway we can bring it back to life? Any suggestions would be really really helpful ;) This happened while his son was playing with the wires so it wasn't because he loaded a wrong bin. If I take it to an electronic store, would they be able to fix this thing?

Silver Member
Username: Thechiz2

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 261
J-tag time

http://www.future-fta.info/Forums/showthread.php?p=419491#post419491

here ya go read till ur eyes bleed

Silver Member

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 262
they also have live help there to if needed

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
thanks urmama. I'm not going to try anything if it is complicated. I'll end up destroying it ;) He is willing to pay an electronic repair store to fix it. I hope they can. I think the power is not getting in the box. J-tag is something you need to do when you load the wrong program, right? This is not the case.

Silver Member

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 263
nope

same happend to mine. got tired of tryin to do it myself so i just sent it in for warranty work. 40 bucks got it back in 2 weeks

pansat usa they all come with 2 year warranty

http://203.169.142.72/~future/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Gold Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 1219
Sit Sat

This is how i revive my 3500sd

I went to E-bay and bough a Parallel to 20 Pin cable "FTA JTAG CABLE PANSAT 3500" US $0.99 plus Shipping costs connected it to my PC and using this program called:

skyMax2[1].3.rar
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64669&d=1187658012

When you open this program select the Adr Flash to 2MB (7FE00000) then hit Connect on your right then press Erase Button.

After that turn the receiver switch Off for 5 sec then ON again!

Now press Write button and select PANSAT 3500S - Flash 1(29LV160CBTC-70) - Full.bin you can find it on the other file:
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64670&d=1187658328

And presto!

The screen will light up ones again!

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 336
hey johnner great info. heres the way i did it.

may not work on some computers.you may need an older version computer or laptop.

1-- i purchased my jtag cable thru ebay
2-- remove cover of sat box only 3 screws.
3-- make sure your sat box is off and your computer is not running any programs.
4-- connect your jtag cable to computer and to reciever.
5-- now turn on sat box on rear switch
6-- open skymax 2.2 can be dowloaded basically any site make sure its a recommended site.
7-- change setting under adr flash to setting 2mb (7FE00000) and make sure select LPT port 1.
8-- under connection click start and wait till complete then under flash operation select erase and wait till complete.
9-- now under flash operation you will select write a window will pop up at the bottom change from rom file to all files. then select the pansat 3500s-flash 1(29LV160CBTC-70)-full.once you selected this file skymax will automatically start the process of writing the file to your sat box.depeding on your computer it may take a while.
10-- once it says complete turn off sat box remove jtag cable.
11-- once jtag cable is removed turn on switch and
the display screen should show b70,if so you have completed this procedure correctly.
12-- now you just have to load the boot file 80 and the current bin.
13-- enjoy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Thank you both Johnner and RTAP!!! Great info. His 3500 dead while his son was playing with the wires. It turned on and off many times then it went dead. So it is fried not because of loading the wrong bin. You guys think, we still should try a J-Tag? I was gonna tell him to send his mechine back to pansat and let them fix it like urmama did.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3569
Sit Sat :
1. Look at the posts above - They all by knowledgeable people.
Other possibilities are:
2. Connecting/disconnecting a receiver with power on can destroy the DiseqC switch and sometimes an LNB.
3. Pansat 3500 have a power problem - There is a specific capacitor which is weak and often the problem is cured by changing it.
There was a thread here about it and the info is also in some of the other sites.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11581
send it in....Jtag is not going to fix a possible burnt damaged hardware problem...

forget nalins stupid post....a bad switch will NOT kill a RECEIVER to NO power at all!..especially when U know it was caused by a little guy playing with wires...

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11582
BTW...nice Jtag simple instructions that all of U posted....

unfortunately, I don't think it'll help in this case...Jtag fixes corrupted eeproms not damaged hardware....but I would try the jtag, if ya don't mind buying a cable and spending the time, rather than just sending it in and getting what most likely is bad hardware fixed now..

yes if it was a bad bin , I would jtag it for sure, but kids and wires can cause more problems than a corrupted eeprom which is fixed with a Jtag....

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3572
LK stop following me. You had had plenty of time to respond.
Now GET OUT OF HERE YOU PARANOID PSYCHOMANIAC

Gold Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 1225
Sit Sat

Something very similar happened to me.
I had just put a new bin a week before and from time to time it would reboot (BIN bug) then my wife was cleaning and she touched a cable and it turn off, she tried to reboot it but it never turn on again until the jtag it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
Thaaaaank You all!!! We will try a Jtag first Johnner (really hope we will be able to do it successfully though) and if that won't solve it we will send it in.

Silver Member

Mars, Ur anis Mine

Post Number: 267
im sorry sit sat...

didnt see the wire part.

send it in man...its fried. dont tell them what u told us though. just tell them it went black.
thats all they need to know.

however, if it isnt a jtag issue then they may discover that you installed a third party bin to it when they do repiare it which means voided warranty

when they Jtag it rerwites the chip and they cannot tell if you loaded anything else on it

just a precaution

sounds to me you torched the power supply but that doesnt mean the short went further into the unit and fried other resistors and s h i t

good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us