C-Band FTA

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 232
I was wondering if any of the FTA machines will do C-band. I thought my Flu did, but after checking, it doesn't appear to. Any ideas out there concerning options. This would be in addition to Ku band FTA.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
I guess no one uses their FTA receiver for C-Band. I have read more and have found at least some of the FTA receivers will work on C-Band. I have a Flu, and wonder if another bin, more updated than on the manufacturer's website would have the C-Band satellites listed.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 976
Joe, not much support for BUD technology these days - it's a bit of an albatross. Too bad because the signal reception is crystal clear, storm or no storm.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1308
satelliteguys-us
www.satelliteguys.us

Silver Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 335
Most these things will do C/BAND.
From what ive seen/heard/read you need a C/BAND receiver to slave power to the C/BAND lnb.These Irds wont run the old stuff.It's a lot of work for the little you get.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdti1

Post Number: 30
Slaving a dvb (fta) receiver to a 4dtv or a old analog ird is well worth it, I use a Pansat 2500a and it works fine.

If you have a big dish upgrading to 4dtv is a great investment if you want to sub at great prices, the 4dtv is in high demand right now so it is hard to find a new 4dtv, most places have a back order list, if your dish is c-band only upgrade to c/ku and just slave a dvb receiver and you will have the best system on the block, if you have not done this upgrade 10 years ago then I would do it now if I was you :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Thanks, I have done a little more research on my own. I have a Panasonic C-Band receiver, with RF remote, with two more C-Band receivers of various makes, and I am hooking up my FLU to the system. I have found a great use for the Gtools found on the FLU homesite. I can put C band sats and TP's on the FLU and it will pick up great. I think you are right about having the best system around. Lots of options. Of course this is for FTA, not FTV.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
If DN does finally cut off the FTV people, they may find this a good choice, once they want to just go legit altogether. Most of what I like is free, adult film is not really something I desire, and most movies are out on DVD by the time it hits PPV. I can rent for a dollar, or wait five or six weeks and buy it used for four or five dollars and stay completely legit. It is great to have so many options and not fear a letter from anyone.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdti1

Post Number: 31
Ya I use my 4dtv for HBO and Showtime, the HD is super!, I am a big boxing fan and I sub per year so it's a good deal, everything else I watch is free on dvb and 4dtv also has many free channels, so you have c/ku on the dish? if not I would upgrade if I was you, it is well worth it.

Norsat makes good lnb's, I have the 8115 for c-band and 4106a for ku on a corotor wideband feed, I got the wideband to hit NSS-806, works great.

Username: Packet_storm

Post Number: 5
There is a lot of good stuff left in C-band.

Plus if you take your circular lnb's and attached them to the bud you get no rain faded that alone is worth it's weight in gold.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us