Nimiq 1

Username: Prenzel

Greenwood, NS Canada

Post Number: 1
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Trying to find Nimiq 1. Can pick up Nimiq 2, Eaststar and about a dozen other signals but can not find Nimiq 1. I am in Nova Scotia. New to all this. Can anyone help?

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 707
Nimiq 1 and 2 are VERY CLOSE to each other. Are you using any satellite finder?

Bronze Member
Username: Cybermaster

Post Number: 55
Same $hit here. I'm using sat finder and can only find nimiq 2. I live in northern california. i'm using dishnetwork twin lnbs. Any help be great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 708
Looks like, Nimiq 1 satellite got hit by some small asterioid.

Bronze Member
Username: Cybermaster

Post Number: 56
listen to this fool. All he does is litters. Wow...

Silver Member

Post Number: 710
Talking to me????

Silver Member
Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 154
This is what I do. I use a sat calculator on the net and find the coordinatates according to my zip code. http:*//satcalculator.freehostia.com/ remove the *. I usually find 91 first and then I mess with the elevation to find both. I use a twin lnb.

Silver Member
Username: Kingusama

Post Number: 271
well if you can pick up nimiq 2 then you shouldn't be that far away from nimiq 1... i just did mine this week... right when i got nimiq 2 it was all easy took 5 minutes and i got nimiq 1 you might have to be a bit patient but you will get it...

Username: Prenzel

Greenwood, NS Canada

Post Number: 2
Have an oval dish, does it have to be angled? Can pick up Nimiq 2, Echostar 7 and 8 still no Nimiq 1...going to give up soon.

Silver Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 321
All bv is down at this time.May have to give up for a while.

Username: Lchaos

Post Number: 1
BEV is working fine, I'm watching is right now. In fact I just point my dish to BEV today. of course the Keys had changed.

Pointing your dish... I adjusted the skew and aimed toward the general direction as instructed, then using 82, i was able to get a signal, after a long regement of adjustments with the elevation and azimuth. once I got a good signal, 91 just fell in line, another minor adjustment and i got the best signal strength i can get. becareful, BEV has a very narrow line of sight. use this site to get your settings "http://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.htm" it worked for me... well the skew anyway. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us