Help - vhs/dvd recorder

Username: Kaljo17

Post Number: 1
hi. i'm new to this site but it looks like a lot of helpful advice comes from the members. so i was wondering, i recently purchased a used PANASONIC DMR-ES40VS DVD VCR COMBO. i wanted it so that i could connect it to my DVR and make DVDs of the programs i have saved. i'm having a little trouble getting this to work. i'm not that great at connecting things and figuring out which cable goes where. to make matters worse, i have an older tv that doesn't have RCA hookups on it. i used an item that lets me connect the coax cable to it and then the RCA cable from it to the DVD/VCR (i'm sorry i don't know what this product is called). but for some reason, i can't get the DVD/VCR and the cable to be able to play at the same time. the cable works on channel 4 and the DVD/VCR works on channel 3. i don't know how to switch this.

i was also wondering if there was a way to get around not being able to copy copyrighted material. like i want to make DVD copies of my old VHS movies. and vice versa for my friend that still uses mostly VHS.

if any one can help me with the connections (how to, what i may have done wrong) or the copying, i'd really appreciate. thanks a lot guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us