Serious help

Bronze Member
Username: Yashmatharu

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 92
i have pansat 2500 clone and a laptop. How can i transfer bin to receiver from my laptop?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11355
Go READ...answered here 10,000 times already!

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 96
Folks,

Is there anything available in the market which will transfer Bin from laptop to receiver?

NO LK PLEASE.......

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11369
USB to Serial Cable Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been a number of posted regarding USB to Serial Cable's.. and troubles regarding those cables.. I decided to give some tips for those people who are having troubles..

Hopefully I did not miss anything in writing this, if I did, please post or correct me.

STEPS

#1. Make sure your USB to Serial Cable is compatible with your operating system.

#2. Connect your cable, install your drivers FROM a provided CD or from the manufacturer website and then make sure you have your drivers properly installed by checking the device manager.

#3.

- Go to Start - Control Panel - System - Hardware

- Go to Device Manager and Ports and see what Com your USB cable is set to.

- The Advance button will allow you to change the port. Change it to 1, 2, 3 or 4.

- Also be sure to change the Baud (Bits per second) to 115200.

#4. When using a loader from your specific reciever, make sure the COM port selected on the loader corresponds to the com port you changed in the previous step.

#5. Load your file.

Issues/Solutions

- If your having trouble installing drivers for your USB to Serial Cable, try to refer to any websites of the manufacture of your specific cable for any new drivers or any help with your issue.

- If you did all the required steps and your loader sticks at 0% OR doesn't even make any connection to your receiver, your cable has not been installed properly. Please try running through all the steps again or try cleaning out any old drivers and putting them in again.

- If you still can't get it to work, try a different USB port.

- If still you cannot get anything to work, look for any hardware conflicts with your USB to Serial Cable in your device manager.

- If still you are having issues, try the cable on a different operating system or different computer.

- If you are still having issues, try different drivers instead of the ones provided.

- IF YOU CANNOT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE, GET A REGULAR COMPUTER WITH A SERIAL CABLE PORT AND SERIAL CABLE!

ADDED NOTE: MANY USB to Serial cable adapters our there will not work with null modem receivers.

How To Guide: USB 2 Serial adapter to function properly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Found this on another site hope it helps someone here

There are essentially only four basic steps required to get an USB to(2) Serial adapter to function properly:

1. Physically plug the USB2Serial adapter into an available USB port

2. Install the driver for the adapter (recommend that you use the one that was actually supplied with the adapter; universal drivers are "iffy")

3. Connect the correct cable (null or straight-through) between the adapter and your FTA receiver; in the case of the Coo*lsat, it is straight-through

4. Synchronize the COM port assignment of the USB2Serial adapter with a COM port supported by the Loader program (they MUST be the same).

The above four basic steps are relatively simple but a lot of things can go wrong along the way. For example, communications will fail if:

1. You don't use the correct type of serial cable (null modem or a straight-through) between the adapter and your FTA receiver.

2. The COM port assignment of the USB2Serial adapter and the COM port setting in the loader/software program do not match.

3. You use the wrong loader program or bin file for your particular brand/model of receiver or the bin file was not extracted and is still in zipped or compressed format

For experienced computer users, the above constitutes all the instruction you will probably require. For computer neophytes, here's a simple step by step procedure for troubleshooting your USB2Serial adapter:

1. RIGHT-click on [My Computer] » [Properties] » [Hardware] » [Device Manager]

2. Scroll down the list of devices to [Ports] and click on the [+] sign on the left of [Ports]

3. Locate your USB2Serial device under [Ports] and RIGHT-click on it; select [Properties]

4. Under the [General] tab, the [Device Status] window will indicate whether it is functioning properly. If not, you should uninstall the device, reboot, and let Windows auto-detect the device. If it cannot locate the driver, you will be prompted to insert a driver disc

5. Click on the [Port Settings] tab and bump the port speed to the max (115200 or 128000 bps).

6. If you need to change the COM port assignment of the USB2Serial adapter to match one that your Loader program will support, click on the [Advanced] button (under the [Port Settings] tab) and change the [COM Port] value.

7. Be sure to sync or match the adapter's COM port assignment with one that the Loader program supports.

One final note: Coo*lsat receivers have an [Auto Detect] feature for locating and synchronizing the Loader program with the PC. You do not have to modify the COM port assignment (step 6) if you have a Coo*lsat receiver (just click on [Auto Detect].

Keep in mind that if you disconnect the USB2Serial adapter and plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port the next time you go to use it, Windows will automatically assign a different COM port value to the adapter. To eliminate configuration issues, always plug the USB2Serial adapter into the same USB port each time.

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 97
LK,

Thnx.

I bought USB to Serial controller and finding problem to connect my laptop to receiver.

Now after transferring 27%, it pop with a message "Write failed"

do you have any idea as to how to trouble shoot this problem?

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 868
usb to serial it's hard to use and it's not reliable . one time it works an other it does not . use desktop

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11373
aaahh..did U read the post above?...that explains it all..there is NO more answers..that post covers it all!

FTA receivers , especially old Pansats and their clones WERE NEVER INTENDED TO BE USED WITH USB...thats why the straight cable came with SERIAL ports connections...thats your problem....as stated above, U MAY NEVER FIND A COMPATABLE USB ADAPTER...all u can do is whats I posted!

- IF YOU CANNOT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE, GET A REGULAR COMPUTER WITH A SERIAL CABLE PORT AND SERIAL CABLE!

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 98
i was successfully uploaded 293T in my receiver. Is 294t tested file available on http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us