FTA Recievers

Username: Pvweber

LOUISVILLE, KY USA

Post Number: 1
I currently have an ariza 700 and a pansat 2500 I'm thinking about going for hd recievers have thought about pansat's and sonicview's any suggestions from anyone who gone hd

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11334
I think U are crazy to get HD now because there are too many bugs, and cannot get DN HD channels(only Bev HD now) unless U buy an additional $300 worth of hardware and mod the receiver......but Sonicview is the best now....and Viewsat will be releasing one within a month or so..

So if U want DN HD, u will be spending over $800 for a FTA receiver and additions...

I say forget the HD, and be happy with a new Sonicview 4000 ($159) or Viewsat Ultra , both have USB capabilities with a USB flash drive ...and no need to disconnect cables and move receivers when loading files..

Silver Member
Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 108
LK - Sounds good - any Ideas When HD FTA will be more accessible ? I'm interested Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11342
With FTA and satellite providers, time estimates cannot be given...HD is now available and accessible...and over time more channels will be HD...but thats not my point now...its the cost, modifications, and bug factors....nevermind U must have a HD TV along with the HD receiver to have true HD...and HD FTA for Bev have their own keycodes too..IMO., wait for things to improve and become less costly and a better overall situation before a FTA HD purchase...unless U don't mind these drawbacks..

Gold Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 1108

Tina
With an outdoor UHF/VHF Antenna within (100) miles from you location you can receive alot of
Local Stations in HD.
No need for a HD receiver and all are free.
At my location I receive (45) Channels around (1/2) in HD.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11344
Tina , that will vary....depending on the size and direction of the UHF/RHF antenna , and your local area and stations..many places do NOT have many "local" stations and/or use a weak signal, or are NOT transmitting in HD...I live in a metro area of about 1 million people, and only have 7 local stations/channels within a 75 mile radius of which 3 are HD...and I also have a very large UHF/VHF antenna connected with a diplexer to my satellite antenna signals (just change receiver off of channel 4, to get the UHF/VHF locals)...so it all varies...but kavin is correct, some locals are in HD..,but they all still require a HD TV to view in true HD..

Silver Member
Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 110
Thanks Boys I too Live in a very large city and I get at least 14 HD Channels OTA ( Over The Air ) However, I'd love to get a bunch via sat.

Username: Misspolly

Post Number: 2
LK I live in Canada and am using Ariza 700 for FTA I cannot get a new bin as the supplier has dropped off the face of the earth you suggest Ariza is unpopular, where can I get another receiver and how much, or do you have an Ariza new bin you could send me, and again how much thanks misspolly

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11392
U can get files or receivers on the internet...use it...

Bronze Member
Username: Dmc0923

Post Number: 11
I have a viewsat platuim and lately when i scan echostar 7 the last 3 transponders (19 20 21 ) have 0% quailty and no more channels are added.Does any one eles have this problem?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11398
Music channels...

http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I tried to get on that site LK but i got nowhere.Are you saying last 3 transponders are music ?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11403
go to my link...U will see the channels and their transponders...yes music..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
where do i find your link?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11405
are U shittin me!....LMAO....forget it!

Silver Member
Username: Aafl_dragon

Post Number: 119
Lol this is funny I don't think he payed attention http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html just replace * with a dot lol.

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 702
DMC,

heheheheheehehehe .... lol .... LMAO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us