Samsung hlp5063w problem (your favorite huh)

Username: Netkhuna

Post Number: 1
The other night my tv was flashing and solarized and after I had to unplug it to turn it off the litte dlp lamp wont turn on and there a faint burning oder coming from teh ballast area. I'm assuming its the ballast because after i put my spare bulb assembly in it still wont light. I was thinking it was the color wheel because of the load banshee wailing but wonuldnt the lamp still come on with a bad color wheel? any advice or ideas would be nice. Shoul di just replace both the ballast and wheel or jst one of them?

Username: Netkhuna

Post Number: 2
Oh, couple things to add. When plugged in it turns itself on. The Lamp light blinks while the color wheel spins and the screech goes on. It does nothing but whine for about 20-30 seconds turns off and then turns on and repeats. I tried the whole slap and tickle on the left side to jump start the ballast. If i hit it just right on the bottom left bellow the lamp door, the loud screech stops but the ballast still won't turn the bulb on. Am I on the right path with the ballast being bad? I've checked the switch and I've checked the fans which I clean on 3 month schedule with a mini vac. So that leaves me to one of three things, wheel, ballast or engine. Any thought?

Username: Pipe_man

Navarre, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Also have a HLP5063, this is my second set. Samsung replaced the first one under warranty. Love the set, but when I was navigating through the service menu I inadvertently changed one or two color settings. I was trying to back out of the menu and used the left arrow instead of menu to go back a screen. Could someone tell me where to get original settings or perhaps another owner could access theirs and relay the numbers to me. I think it was just the green that I decreased.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us