IF YOU CONVERT FROM PANSAT 2500 to PANSAT 2700

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 851
THIS IS C/P FROM FTALIVE
2500 to 2700 serial load bin by jvvh5897

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2500 to 2700 serial load bin by jvvh5897
This experimental bin by JVVN5897 and P122654 is being posted with a stern WARNING: It may or may not work on all 2500 clones and FLU's. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. (I used it on a 'bad-chip-combo-REAL-Pansat 2500')
If You are not familiar with Jtag recovery of a dead box, you may wind up with a doorstop.

There are instructions - follow closely - a little hard to read -
Two bins - make SURE you load them in correct order -

from a normal 2500 ->
MUCH faster scanning -
MUCH faster channel changing -
MUCH faster epg fill (but still old looking format) -
Locals -
you might hafta hit SAT > Echostar pkg. if that's what you are watching for SID correction

THE QUESTION IS : if it's converted will the same bin that comes for 2700 is the same for the converted 2500 or it has to be a special bin again???

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 72
Good Question!

Silver Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 104
Yes, you'll need a similarly modified file by jvvh again because the unmodified 2700 bin file is simply too big to fit into what was originally a 1MB 2500.

I've converted and it now works better than it ever did as a 2500. Go for it. All you have to lose is an outdated stb.

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 375
I agree abby I tried it last night still working. It is just like the 2700 I test.

Silver Member

Post Number: 862
how about the remote control . u still use pansat2500 or u got to get 2700 remote????

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 106
The same remote that you used for the 2500.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11335
People...U still use the 2500 cable and remote after doing this conversion...thats why it called a "conversion"....LMAO....but as abby stated U need SPECIAL 2500-2700 bins from jvvh...and they are rare..and new...U cannot use either regular 2500 or 2700 bins, or their clone bins...

Silver Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 314
The 2500,2700 and fortec ultra remote work.

The 2700 and ultra remotes give more menu options but the 2500 remote work as always.

Silver Member

Post Number: 863
i just converted 2500 for a friend and so far it works good .

Bronze Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 16
After I converted my 2500 to 2700, everything looks much better except the autoroll, is there any special file that can be loaded to get the autoroll working? mine stuck at 1710% and quit rolling.

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 675
Okay, I a lot of people are asking this and let me answer this question. The question that A LOT of people are asking is:

Question: Which bin file are we going to use after we convert our FLU to a Pansat 2700?

Answer: After you convert your FLU to a Pansat 2700, your receiver will become a Pansat 2700 CLONE not just a normal Pansat 2700. Since, we have a CLONE receiver here, we'll be using CLONE files. So to summarize this, I'll say that we'll be using Pansat 2700 CLONE bin files, which are available at www.totalfta.com.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
After the conversion set default keys and it will AUTOROLL.

Don't forget to SET DEFAULT KEYS and A/R will work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
If pansat 2700 clone bin file is used what loader I should use? the 2500 loader or 27 loader for pansat 2700

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
We will use the BL 1.4 or the fortec 4.0 or possibly a new loader.Lets wait for a new bin and well know for sure.If there are any new bins.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
After I set default key, now it autorolls.

Bronze Member
Username: Perycles2005

Post Number: 35
Can some one post step by step the instructions on how to do the change from 2500A clone to a 2700 (clone)?...thanks a million

Bronze Member
Username: Perycles2005

Post Number: 36
Sorry...I noticed that AV had already posted the instructions to convert 2500a to 2700...thanks anyway...

Silver Member

Post Number: 871
use loader 27.02 to download boot 75 and bl 1.4 to download the modified bin .

Username: Kulit

Post Number: 1
could someone please refer me to the right thread where to convert back from 2700 to 2500 please. it seems that i did something wrong on the conversion lol.

i can't even choose the parental control or the channel edit lol

Bronze Member
Username: Hicham

Post Number: 64
This is how to load your 2500,FLU or clone with 29xT (ex 294T) to a 2700 clone via the SERIAL PoRT
********* NOTE NOTE ********
********* NOTE NOT for JTAG NOTE ********
********* NOTE NOTE ********

You will Need a Pansat remote.

READ your Channel list with Channel MAster and leave open in background.

1. Open/Run the Blacklist updater included
2. Make sure BIN is Selected not BOOT you are writing a Bin
3. Click select BIN
4. Choose j27_205_1.bin
5. Reboot reciever, on first light/dash, Click write bin. let it write
When it is done, Be PATIENT!!!! let it reboot after 2-3 minutes you will see B-75 Flash on display of reciever.
6. Click select BIN
7. Choose jvvh_208_1.bin
8. Reboot reciever on first light Click write bin. let it write. let it reboot after 1 minute you will see B-75 Flash on display of reciever.
9. now Rewrite your Channel list back, BUT, BIG BUT, you must now select the 2700 settings in Channel master.
10. reconnect to Tv, select default key from parental options(key menu) let it roll
11. wait for next round

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_huevos

Post Number: 13
K i did all that to convert my 2500 to a 2700a.Now after doing this i went to do a sat scan for channels and it is not giving me any channels.It goes all the way to 100% and no channels .What am i doing wrong?

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 119
MR HUEVOS, check your sats and diseqc settings and run a BLIND scan.

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger_woods

Post Number: 59
Here`s the latest

http://www.dailytech.com/Survey+Less+Than+Half+of+all+Published+Scientists+Endor se+Global+Warming+Theory/article8641.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
mr_huevos
try to load that file,
http://www.savefile.com/download/1008909?PHPSESSID=0b575d32148215916d58b1cc7f106 a32

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
mr_huevos, it 's the same file 4 pansat 2500a clone
mine works very well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Mr. Huevos, now set the default key and factory setting. Do blind scan for each satellite, it should work perfectly and autorolling. Any time you have problems, turn off, then turn on using the switch in the back. Enjoy.

Silver Member
Username: Fastbeatz

Post Number: 215
i just converted my FLU to pansat2700 and i tried to put in the GC keys but when i press a # or a letter it just remains ZERO!!!!!!! what do i do??? does AR work for it??? anyone please help...how can i put the keys in?

Bronze Member
Username: Guillermodg

Post Number: 12
can u convert a 2500a original to a 2700?????????

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 122
Yes, you can convert an original 2500 to a 2700 CLONE.

Bronze Member
Username: Guillermodg

Post Number: 13
i only need to fallow all that crazy instructions and its should work how safe it is??

Silver Member

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 124
By all reports, including mine :-), works just fine and it's easy to do.

Some (very few) have had problems converting and they have reverted back to 2500.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us