CableCard install has disabled my standard cable

Username: Bluesjumper

Post Number: 1
Hi,

Some background: I live in a condo and have Comcast cable. I subscribe to the $7/month Basic Cable package (local channels), but due to some glitch I can't explain, I've been getting the complete Standard Cable package for the price of the Basic. I've made Comcast aware of this, so it's not like I'm "stealing" the cable.

Last week, I bought a Pioneer 4270 plasma TV. I was still getting the Standard Cable. Then Comcast installed the CableCard, which works fine in getting me the local HD channels. However, after the install, I lost my Standard cable channels, so now I'm just getting the Basic. However, on my upstairs CRT TV, I still am getting the Standard channels.

You see where this is going... is there any way to get the Standard Cable back on my plasma TV? What about the CableCard install that deactivated the Standard Cable?

Also, is it safe to remove and place back the CableCard, or does doing so require a Comcast technician to do their magic each time? (I am not sure if what they did is a one time setup thing, or it's required each time the CableCard gets removed and put back in).

Thanks in advance for any insights or creative proposals.

Vlad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us