Sound But No Picture

Username: Inogen

Post Number: 1
Hey Everyone, I am new to the forum and have a question. I have a Toshiba Flat Panel (42HL167) connected to a Panasonic HTIB system via HDMI. (It's also connected to a DirecTV HDDVR) My question is would it be possible to get TV audio through the receiver without the TV picture being on? Twice in the last week it happened where the reciever was playing the TV audio but their was no TV picture. The first time I turned the system on myself and assumed that I hit a remote button out of sequence. Then I pushed the TV "on" button and the TV picture powered up. Last night I went into the Home Theater room and the same thing was happening. The difference is that I had completely turned off the TV about an hour earlier. My daughter was on the computer in the next room but denies turning on the TV.

If anyone can shed some light on what I am experiencing I would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1338
Depending on the level of technology in your HTIB system, it is definitely possible to get sound, but no picture and vice versa. I don't know what model you have, but if you are routing all your video and audio through the receiver and into the TV, you can mix and match any video output signal and any audio output signal. When using your remote to select the device, you want to make sure both audio and video are from the same feed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us