Converting Fortec to Pansat 2700 without Jtag

Bronze Member
Username: Koku99

Post Number: 25
I found this on one website. They said that the fortec can be converted to Pansat 2700 without Jtag. Has anyone tried it??

c/p from totalfta

Here is the loader you can use for the 2500-2700. Forget about using 2 different loaders or Jtagging this will do both the boot and bin writes. I attached the b75 boot file and 208 bin by jvvh with the Fortec uploader 4.0.
Use the same cable you always have used to do your reciever and it doesn't matter if your reciever is already converted to 2700 or still using the pansat 2500 bin it works the same way for both.

Open up boot file in loader and check off boot on loader and choose your correct model.
Turn reciever ON wait for it to fully boot up then click download.
When complete you will get b 7 5 rolling across reciever front panel leave reciever ON load the 208 bin in loader and change loader to flash and click download.
Wait for it to complete then b 7 5 will roll across screen twice it will hang on 5 for about 30 secs then turn ON.
Power off hook up to TV and sat cable,put in your antenna settings and scan your sats and thats it.

Thanks to jvvh!!

2 files included, aways read first!!!
EnJoy!

Tess

Bronze Member
Username: Viruscauser

Leesburg, Georgia

Post Number: 98
Yep. Tried it on my Vortex 7700 and now it works better than it ever did before. Love the fact that it picks up the time automatically - you just set your time zone and exit.

One reservation though for the overly cautious: All future a BIN updates would probably have to be the same kind of moded BINs, not the ones we are used to.

I can live with that because once you go 2700, you never go 2500.;>)) As always, try at your own risk but, like I said, it worked like a charm for me.

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 71
I did my Pan-2500a clone and it's working nicely.
My question is; When time comes what bin are we going to install on it? the 2500 or the 2700!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3414
da-neegha : Could you please name the Loader you used, and the names of the files you uploaded. It is not very clear from above discussion.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 305
C/P

Here is the loader you can use for the 2500-2700. Forget about using 2 different loaders or Jtagging. this will do both the boot and bin writes. I attached the b75 boot file and 208 bin by with the Fortec uploader 4.0.
Use the same cable you always have used to do your reciever and it doesn't matter if your reciever is already converted to 2700 or still using the pansat 2500 bin it works the same way for both.

Open up boot file in loader and check off boot on loader and choose your correct model.
Turn reciever ON wait for it to fully boot up then click download.
When complete you will get b 7 5 rolling across reciever front panel leave reciever ON load the 208 bin in loader and change loader to flash and click download.
Wait for it to complete then b 7 5 will roll across screen twice it will hang on 5 for about 30 secs then turn ON.
Power off hook up to TV and sat cable,put in your antenna settings and scan your sats and thats it.

Not my box so what did i care,and tried it.

Worked exactly as stated on a FLU.Now works exactly like a 2700 with even the sat signal beeper.Sets the time and all.

Weird when load 208 bin it say mismatch file,just disregarded and it worked anyway.Loader was 4.0

Bronze Member
Username: Dure

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 66
Flatulent Kitty
Please let us know the website to get the necessary files 208 bin and b75 and loader 4.0 to convert FUL to pansat 2700. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Flatulant_kitty

Post Number: 313
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/
You need to sign up.

Fortec ultra forum file section.Theres three different versions.I used the one by janet girl.Read the instructions posted in the thread with the files.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us