Motorola DVR to Samsung LCD not working...

Username: Trt

Post Number: 1
Hello, I just purchased a Samsung 46" 1080p flat screen LCD and I am currently trying to hook up my Motorola DVR to it. I have the coax cable run from the wall to the back of the DVR and a HDMI cable run from the DVR to the LCD. Now, I am getting a "weak or no signal" message. Am I missing something here?

Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 1
What a coincidence! I purchased the Samsung LNT3242H for my bedroom and I'm having possibly a similar problem.

You should be able to press the "source" button on your remote to find the HDMI port your device is connected to.

However, my scenario may be a little different. My television doesn't always recognize the HDMI connection from the Moto DVR cable box and displays a green screen. Which means that a feed from the cable box exists, it's just that the connection has a flaw somehow. If you turn off the cable box and leave the set on the picture may come back in once you turn the tv on. This also works when unplugging the cable box and tv for 30 secs. Everything works fine until you turn off the television.

Samsung has also sent a firmware update to correct this problem, but it's not working. I just purchased this set on 8/19 and I'm already troubleshooting for firmware updates?

It's going back to the store!

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1263
Samsuck is a big pian in the butt.
You have to change the resolution Manually to 480p or 480i depending on broadcast or signal going to your TV for non HD signal. It should be in your reference manual.

I would use the (RGB+Red/white) 5 RCA cables instead of coaxial coming from Your DVR. You may have to contact both Samsung and cable/Satellite provider. In many cases receiver must be programmed for auto signal switching.

HDMI is best to be connected out of digital receiver without (RGB+R/W) 5 RCA connectors. It can be used for both SD and HD reception. But you'll see poor resolution if settings are wrong.

Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 2
King,

I think you're right on the money. I took back the first Samsung and tried again with another one. No luck there as well.

However, *knocking on wood* I went with a Sony 32" LCD and it worked straight out the box. And I do notice that when you first turn on the set it automatically adjusts for the channels HD resolution. All channels coming from the Moto DVR do not show in the same HiDef resolution. Some HD channels were in 480i, and some were shown in 720p for this television set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us