Viewsat 2000 Platinum!!

Silver Member
Username: Kingusama

Post Number: 222
Hey guyz... i have a relative who has a viewsat platinum 2000 and it his causing him problems... he was scrolling down the guide and it just shut off. Then it came back after a few seconds and it showed channel 137 on the screen and then shut off again b4 he could do anything with his remote. This has happened non stop... He even tried reloading the bin but it keeps turning on and off by itself.. Do any of you know what might be causing this??? Thanks in advance!!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11059
he should start from scratch....

factory default
factory bin
reset antenna/dish sat settings
F1 scan
set date and time
turn on autorolls
upload 070801P latest file
reboot receiver with rear switch
wait for the new keys to autoroll
watch TV

www.totalfta.com is best site for all viewats

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
the thing is he can't do anything with his remote though... it closes within a second ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11061
he must be persistent and FORCE a factory bin upload...or send it in for repairs then...and maybe he has a CLONE Viewsat...U better go to totalfta...

get factory bin ready...get loader ready...put bin in loader...shut OFF back off receiver...then hit "download" in the loader, and THEN turn ON the back switch of the receiver...be persistent

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
lol thanks Lk ... sorry for the things i've said in the past ... thanks again hopefully he is persistent enough lol!!

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1297
Hey LK, you don't think this has something to do with that B1 EMM thing that BL was talking about? Looks like problem happened right about the time of the key change. I haven't seen anyone else post about problems though.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11063
Hawaiian...usama never gave a time frame window....but I thought of that....but the net is really quiet and the keys changed over 1 hour ago...so I don't think its a B1 issue....in fact I'm still wondering about the B1 thing, since the AR is still working fine, contrary to BLacklists observation of an alleged B1 EMM in the stream that will affect AR's when the keys change (which they did change)...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11064
In fact all pansat models and bins are rolling fine...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us