Pioneer Plasma vs Mitsubishi DLP

Username: Oscar

Post Number: 5
2 years back I went through this same descision process and purchased a DLP becasue I didnt like the LCD as much and there were so many unknows about Plasma and the price per inch was so much higher. Unfortunately I'm having to make the same descision again because a non-replaceable part went out on my DLP and BB is finally replacing the TV for me. I have an option to go with plasma or DLP again. Since I will basically have instore credit I can get any one they have. Ive been looking at the Pioneer PDP-6071HD vs the latest Mitsubishi DLP.

I know since I purchased my old TV that these technologies have advanced some which I can see when you view them in the store.

Does anyone have any suggestion or have you gone through the same process where you can share why you made your descision.

Things I'm spoiled now now are the:
- netcommand on the TV which allows me to use 1 remote for all my devices without having to go purchase a universal remote.
- picture to picture on the mitsubishi was able to do split screen.
- no worries of burn in
- looks great on regular direct TV signal but even better on DVD or HD
- no gosting affects and I'm not botherred by rainbow affects
- the lifecyle of the DLP is the life of the lap not the plasma and the light buld can be replaced.

In buying a new TV I would like to have the best of all those worlds but am not sure how the plasma have advanced and I'm if I choose to get it there will be some tradeoffs with benefits. So any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 193
Where's the punchline?

Bronze Member
Username: Idrivearocket

Post Number: 57
You are comparing Pioneer plasma with DLP?... in the same sentence... how good are your eyes!!!

The only reason you should not have a plasma, is if you watch CNN 8 hours a day... otherwise it's a no brainer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us