Which LCD HDTV to buy? Please advise!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hanif

Post Number: 16
Right now I currently own the

Samsung LN-S3251D 32IN Widescreen LCD TV 1366X768 4000:1 NTSC 2HDMI Component VGA USB 2X10W Speakers

However, I am looking to buy these LCDS and its either between the Sharp 37" Aquos Widescreen LCD HDTV** (LC37D43U) or the Sharp Aquos 1080p 32" LCD HDTV** (LC32D62U). They are both the same price going for $1300 CAD.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Please advise I need to make a decision ASAP

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3490
You might want to read through this before buying Sharp.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/164664.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
seems like the 2 flashing lights problem is common with the Aquos series.

any other advice/suggestions

Gold Member

Post Number: 3491
I couldn't give advice on LCD. After looking at HDTVs for a long time, I went with CRT. I took some DVDs into a store and checked them out on a few LCDs, Sharp included, they just don't compare to a CRT. If you're lucky you might still be able to find the Sony KD-34XBR970 somewhere, the TV I bought. Some Circuit City stores still have some left, Best Buy or Sears may still have one too. If you can find one, it's cheaper than an LCD and the PQ blows all LCDs away, no matter what the price is. The only disadvantage is it weighs 190 puonds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Wow thats the first time I've heard someone recommend a CRT over a LCD/Plasma...incredible! I, myself, prefer LCD over CRT anyway...but I will look at the CRTs you suggested

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
If you do not like Sharp, how would you review a Sony LCD?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
David, can you connect the Sony WEGA KD-34XBR970 34" with VGA? I want to use my PC also with the new TV, along with my XBOX360 and Rogers cable box

Gold Member

Post Number: 3492
Not with VGA. You can use DVI to HDMI if your PC has DVI out. I don't know where you're finding anyone who likes LCD better than CRT. It's certainly not in video forums like AVS or VideoHelp. Try to watch something SD on an LCD, it's terrible compared to a good CRT.

Everything you could want to know about the Sony is here.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=644837&page=1&pp=30

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Cannot find any widescreen CRTs at any local stores here...stores don't keep them anymore apparently....any other viewpoints on the Sharp LCDS?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us