Question about LNB's.

Username: Ralphie_the_rookie

Post Number: 4
I have a cool sat 4000pro' dish500 antenna, and a legacy twin LNB. If i replace my lnb, would i be better off with a dishpro or dishpro+ lnb? Is it true that dishpro+ is better for long cable runs?
Thanks for information.
RDG

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 501
Dish Pro Twin or Quad & Dish Pro Plus Twin

First things first -- Dish Pro Equipment is very FTA Friendly and probably the easiest to set up. It is the setup and understanding of this equipment that give some people headaches. There is a big difference between Dish Pro LNB's and Dish Pro Plus.

Similarities:

- They both have a built in switch which allows for direct connection to the receiver.

- They can be used to bring in the signal of any combination of two satellites provided they are less then 10 degrees apart.

- They work with most if not all FTA Receiver on the market today.

- They can be mounted on a Dish500 dish.

- DISEqC Software requirements are the same for both LNBs.

Differences:

- Power requirement for the Dish Pro Plus is slightly higher then the regular Dish Pro which may create the necessity to either keep a DN Receiver connected to port #1 of the LNB or to use a Power Insert. This will only be an issue if you are running a third LNB. Your FTA receiver will not supply sufficient power for all three LNB's.

- Dish Pro Plus has a built in 3 way switch and one input which allows you to receive signal from two different satellites with the main LNB and add a third satellite by installing a variety of LNB/Dish combination.

- Dish Pro Plus LNB signal can be split when using DN Dual Tuners and a DN Signal Splitter. This will only work with DN Dual Tuners

- You CANNOT split the signal with a regular Dish Pro Twin or Quad LNB.

Dish Pro 34 Switches and Dish Pro Plus 44

READ CAREFULLY -- While you can use a Dish Pro Switch with Dish Pro Plus LNB's, you CANNOT use a Dish Pro Plus switch with a Dish Pro LNB

- Dish Pro 34 switches are very easy to use and install.

- The Dish Pro 34 switch does NOT require an addition power source. You can use this switch with any of your FTA Receivers and NOT need to keep your regular DN receiver!

Only use this switch to run a 3 satellite 4 receiver system with a Dish Pro Twin LNB.

If you are going to run a 2 satellite system and 4 receivers then just use a Dish Pro Quad LNB.

- The Dish Pro Plus 44 switch DOES require a power insert which is provided with the switch. I would NOT recommend using this switch as you really don't gain anything with it unless you are running a DN installation with TWO Dual Tuners and at least one FTA STB.

Bottom Line -- You can use Dish Pro Plus equipment and if you want the setups I will be more then glad to help you with it, but it is not worth the headache!

Even if you have a dual tuner which requires the Dish Pro Plus capabilities, you can always run two lines into that tuner from a regular Dish Pro LNB. Not to mention you can combine the Dish Pro 34 switch with up to 4 switches and get up to 12 receivers!

The biggest problem I've seen from people attempting to use Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus LNB's is performing scans. They end up with repeated channels!

Username: Ralphie_the_rookie

Post Number: 5
Thanks zulu. I Have a pole in my yard where a large dish used to be. It is the clearest shot at the southern sky that i have because i live in the timber.The cables are good but are 175 to 200 feet long.That is why i was asking if dishpro+ is better for long cable runs. I only plan to watch 110 and 119 satellites. I will move it to that location if the dishpro+ will help the signal.

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 502
Use quad shield RG-6 cable and your DP will be OK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us