Curious Contraptions rip :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Vyizder_zomenimor

Post Number: 13
Great site closed. Anyone know of one that is as technical as CC?

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 286
yup, .what a dirty shame........

Curious Contraptions is closed permanently
Thanks to everyone who has contributed throughout the years, it's been a fun ride but now it's time to move on. The decision to close CCc does not come from any sort of legal or financial issues
( yeah right ), but rather due to something a bit more personal, though perhaps a bit selfish: it's just not fun anymore. This has always been just a hobby for me, and when a hobby stops being enjoyable, what's the point of going on? I've had enough of the greed of importers and dealers, the childish infighting among community members, and the nonsensical air of paranoia that now pervades this hobby. It has been discomforting to watch as the commercialization of what was once a wonderful hobby has literally drained every last bit of enjoyability from FTA as unscrupulous dealers have attempted to wring out each and every last dime. CCc had the noble goal, thanks to its dedicated staff and loyal member base, of keeping FTA a hobby. Given the way that the FTA community has shaped itself over the last few years and particularly in the last few months, it is clear that CCc has failed to advance this goal despite the most earnest efforts of its supporters. In this context, it's time for CCc (and cruelio) to disappear.

Silver Member
Username: Creek

Smithtown, New York

Post Number: 372
"It has been discomforting to watch as the commercialization of what was once a wonderful hobby has literally drained every last bit of enjoyability from FTA."

This is an odd statement. If wasn't for the so called "commercialization" we wouldn't have the receivers we have today.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10887
I believe CCC is in trouble...There is so MUCH money in this business, NOBODY gives up their site for NOTHING...Unless they have "troubles"...

BTW...he could have sold that site for a minimum of $100,000 with no problems...his post is BS!

Bronze Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 81
I think he has sold out and sold out the members with it. His freaky hack and all the data that was lost, and then mysteriously finding back-ups of everything. I think he has sold out.

Just my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2629
I think it's safe to assume the site and members info is in echo*s control now!
And lance aka tdg has rolled on the members from hassHu.imoa

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2632
We need a list of "rummored sites in trouble".It's getting hard to keep track now.

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 290
looks like all them sites goin' down......
probly ecoustics will remain as our last dss trench.....
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10917
satscams keeps that , troubled sites...smaller list of good sites, then bad sites to maintain...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us