Which FTA Receiver to Buy?

Bronze Member
Username: Kshkol

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 18
I am newbie to Satellite world, I did some research & narrow down the following few models, please advice which one would you suggest & why?
The most important thing to me is down time, best picture quality & sound.

Conaxsat USB Mini
Viewsat VS2000 Ultra
Viewsat VS2000 Xtreme
C00lsat 6000 Premium
Captiveworks CW-600S Premium
Captiveworks CW-100R DVB Recorder

Thank you for chip in.

Silver Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 138
go with one of these viewsat vs pro, cool sat 7000 pvr, viewsat ultra sonicview 4000. i would stay away from the conaxsat mini.
CW100R is a add on receiver if you buy viewsat vs pro cool sat 7000 then you wont need that you will be able to record.

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1238
Upload

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1239
Easy to program, good pix, easy to load(usb), great epg. Also VS first with fix for the last 2 real ECMs.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10810
Viewsat Ultra or Sonicview 4000...always quick software releases, good quality...easy to use...and BOTH are USB capable if your computer does NOT have old serial ports

Bronze Member

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 19
Hi pplz,

thank you for your advice, so it appears i'm going to buy one of these models, which one you'd pick? whats the difference among these two models? please suggest.

Viewsat Ultra
Sonicview 4000

thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 279
they cost about the same
VS a lil' bit faster, Sonic a lil' bit more user friendly
(go with the crowd and get a VS ultra)

Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 6
http://www.ftasat4less.com/
VIEWSAT VS-2000 ULTRA FTA DIGITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER - BRAND NEW IN FACTORY BOX
Regular price: $250.00
Sale price: $129.95

Silver Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 561
i had pansat , viewsat sat all of them lite. extreem, ultra .

ultra is the worst in picture quality it has only usb but i find lie which is cheap to be better picture than ultra. pansat has descent picture quality.
i dont know about others ......

Bronze Member

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 20
thanks again pplz, so i get the point, i can't go wrong with either on these receivers, now based on "Cartier1" post, what about picture quality? which is better, please share your experience.

Viewsat Ultra?
Sonicview 4000?

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
sorry i meant to say lite and not lie viewsat lite.
kshkol it's also depond on the person . some poeple will disagree with me . .
i suggest go for anyone thatb has a better thec support and the price too .

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1241
Make sure you do not buy a clone.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10819
Buy from www.globalwholesalers.biz ..and NO clones!

They are VERY reputable and sponsors at many DSS site forums...

either receiver is good...Viewsat or sonicview...and FORGET about a Pansat, they are the worse!

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
before you buy pansat if u think of that ask what happen to their site future-fta. first. .

Bronze Member

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 21
Hawaiian_time: no i'll never buy a clone that is for sure, thank you for the advice.

Cartier1: i understand more or less all devices does the same job, but my gole is to get something which should have some nice features, i'm not looking to have all those bells & whistles like CNX Mini or many others have or PVR, as i'll be attaching it to my media center PC.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1244
Cartier what do you mean? Future is still there.

h++p://203.169.142.72/~future/Forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1

replace ++ with tt. Although they do close their forum down when there's too much traffic.

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 505
cw600p is my pick and the price is good and support is great great picture all for 110CAN keep up the good work captive works

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1248
Hey bruce, was wondering when you were going to post in this thread!

Bronze Member
Username: Adave

Post Number: 48
which is best for HD receiver and how much cost you. what about we need diffrent dish then dish 500

Bronze Member

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 22
thanks pplz for taking time to post.

"Bruce" Captiveworks 600p is one of my option, but it does not have USB port, i think it's nice to have usb, beside new pcs not coming with serial port, so i'm trying to avoid serial port thing.

any more suggestions?
Thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10833
How BIG of a spoon do U need?...BUY from www.globalwholesalers.biz either a sonicview 4000 and Viewswat Ultra...lets stop the BS, U got your answers!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3176
Kshkol : You DO NOT need to order from the States.
There are dealers in Markham and also in Toronto/Mississauga area, who will gladly sell you a Sonicview 4000 with USB stick for about C$185. Veisat Ultra would be a few dollars more. You can get A CaptiveWorks for about C$120 from the same dealers.
Make sure you get a proper receipt and warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 284
Upload

Bronze Member

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 23
Hi Everyone, thank you for your suggestions. you guys been great help.
i'll let you guys know which one i endup buying.
Nalin, sure ill buy locally,

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 466
I would go with the CNX mini, you won't be sorry, great support for their units

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10954
slo hand ...we been buds for a long time...but I have to 100% disagree with U...there is never any software support, and ITS a newbie IRD with no proven track record...where as the VS and Sonic are proven!.....in fact I believe in a few more months, it will be history!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3226
Kishkol:
CNX mini has same CPU as Viewsat and Sonicview. I am sure it works well but the Sonicview and Viewsat are more established.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2813
Viewsat & Sonicview both have great support. Sonicview has the better picture quality and the 4000 has the convenience of USB updates rather then having to disconnect your receiver or connecting to a lap top. Viewsat Ultra has the same features of the 4000, but will cost you less and again, the is no beating the picture quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2814
Slo - I am testing a CNX but I need to see them respond to a good EMM... Not a bad box though.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2687
I'm testing 2700a/c cw600p and Vs ulta on 6 birds,I'm thinking getting a Sv4000 next.But the cw600p is the most fun,and cheapest of all them.I don't know what specifically I like the most, or it's all of it ,but I really luv it the most.

Username: Scarlet_dimples

Far far and awayUnder the sea

Post Number: 1
Ok guys I am a newbie here. Have been reading alot of the insults so treat me nice. I am considering changing from FLU as I realize you guys saying that this is a bunch of cow's dung. from what I am gathering the way to go is
VS or Sonicview. However, I need clarity from the pros. Which one would give me updates without me disconnecting receiver and attaching to PC as these are in far locations apart. Also pic quality. My eyes not really good. PLS answer and yes I will accept the insults for I need your pro advice

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10979
BOTH receivers, VS Ultra or Sonicview 4000, can use a USB stick so no moving receiver or computer is required...quality is good on both, as is the software support...just buy from www.globalwholesalers.biz or somebody U may know personally, and U will not get a clone...check it out yourself...

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 469
.we been buds for a long time.. Like you said LK we have been for a long time, but CNX is up and coming and support is great and promises to stay that way.
I own a Trio, and WOW!!! what a great unit! but thats my opinion, however check it out LK you might become a convert lol

Bronze Member

Markham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 24
"PRFRMNJ" VS Ultra is expensive than SV4000, price is not issue here, with help of all your pplz i know the diffrences between these 2 models, only remaing thing to find out is which on have better picture quality:

VS Ultra or SV4000.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2823
kshkol - Read my earlier porst. SV 4000 has the better picture hands down.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1294
Kshkol, it's been 6 days since you started this thread. You still haven't made up your mind? lol OK, if someone could please post TV pictures from a VS ultra and a SV 4000, we can finally get Kshkol to buy something! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us