Zenith D52WLCD Projection Opinions

Chef
Hi, looking to make my first real tv purchase, and wondering if anyone had a Zenith D52WLCD. The price has dropped on these, to me making them a deal at $2800 for a 52 inch hi-def dlp tv, but I haven't heard much about them on any of the forums I have looked at. The only downside I have seen to the tv is 1. low contrast ratio (350:1) and 2. No DVI input.

It seems like a lot of people like the new Samsung's, but are they really worth the extra $1200 for a 50 inch (HLN507) vs. the Zenith?

Anonymous
Chef
I have had the Zenith D52WLCD pair with the Zentih HD-SAT520. Best results are to use an RGB cable.

The picture is fantastic! The colors are what make this T.V. I've seen the top of the line plasma's, but, they can't touch the color/brightness. In HD mode the picture is believablely crisp. The only drawback is that black is not deep. That said, Star Wars Episode 2 still looks great on the set.

Another great feature is the upconverter. A good quality cable signal directly into the rear of the T.V. is reproduced better than with the set top box. This allows you to use stand cable in a split screen mode (2 stations at once).

I hope this helps.

mar
Unregistered guest
So you have had the Zenith now for a while do you still like it?

Anonymous

Anybody have anything new to say about this Zenith model?

Username: Asmodeus

Post Number: 3
i compared this model to the hitachi 50v500... in terms of picture quality, they are identical... basically the same features except the zenith does not have a dvi input... i just bought the zenith because it is a few hundred dollars cheaper than the hitachi...

Username: Mar

Post Number: 1
Ipso Facto, how do you like the Zenith with a sd feed? How does the dvd picture look?
Thanks

Username: Asmodeus

Post Number: 4
Marshal Keith - I haven't gotten it yet... it should be here next week... i'll let you know...

Anonymous

I've got one that is going to be here either this Friday or next Monday. I will post my review then.

Prodrive
Unregistered guest
Well,I have had the D52 for a while now and I am really glad I bought it. The picture is great and the HD content is just jaw dropping. I think the blacks are as black as on a regular tube television. The SD content is ok, I have a AVTOOLBOX scaler and line doubler and it makes the SD better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us