DVI to HDMI connectin problem

Username: Sanduvall

Post Number: 1
I have a 44" Zenith LCD TV (model E44W46LCD) and a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD cable box through Time Warner. My TV has a DVI input in the back and my cable box has HDMI. I bought an DVI to HDMI cable to connect the two. When I switch my tv input to DVI, I only get a black and gray screen. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1738
­
Maybe somebody around here has more experience with the 8300 can help better than I, but here's a couple of suggestions.

I believe the setup menu for the 8300 requires the user to activate the HDMI output for both video and audio.

Make sure the TV is powered up and operating on its DVI input before you turn on the cable box.
As a last resort call TWC in your area. At this late date Warner should support HDMI in all its markets, but that still needs confirmation by the TWC people in your area.
­

Username: Mafri

Post Number: 9
Hello Jay,

Just help me out. Do you have an DVI-D to HDMI or an HDMI to DVI-D with HDCP?

Username: Jeepin73

Post Number: 1
I have a Dell W4200HD Plasma TV and wanted to know if anyone has a solution to a buzzing sound I get out the back of my TV and a solution to why my screen will flicker after 10-20 minutes of watching via HDMI connection.

I've swapped HDMI cables twice with same result on both Comcast DVR and PS3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us