Samsung DLP always displays "Not Available"

Username: Rhansen_x

Post Number: 1
I am on my second Samsung HL-T5687S - first one developed vertical lines - exchanged set. Now, the TV constantly displays the "Not Available" banner constantly. Pushing any button on the remote does nothing. I had the set unplugged overnight (7 hours) which did nothing. If I press and hold the power button on the front of the set, the banner goes away, but as soon as I release it, the banner pops back up.

I've done a bunch of web searches and have found nothing similar. I have tried to enter the service mode via remote - not sure if it works on this set - but again, the remote does nothing.

I have a DirectTV HD with DVR going HDMI into the set.

Any help will be appreciated. I am beginning to question the quality of Samsung.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1731
­
Rich, try using another hookup besides HDMI from that DVR.

Username: Rhansen_x

Post Number: 2
Doesn't seem to matter. Even with nothing plugged into the set (aside from power), I get the same message.

The only way I can turn off the set is to unplug it or use the DirecTV remote. The Samsung remote for the TV does nothing... The buttons on the side of the set do nothing....

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1735
­
At first I thought it was a problem with the HDMI out on the satbox. But now I see that it's the TV. I don't blame you for questioning Samsung's quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us