Mitsubishi WS65807 Repair problem

Username: Jeffmc

Post Number: 1
I have WS65807. About 2 weeks ago it would not power up. The light would come on then shut off in about 5-10 seconds. Nothing came on the screen. I called a repair service to come diagnose the problem. The tech tested the TV and determined that is was a Vertical Stablizer. He assured me that everything else tested fine. I was a little leary of spending $550 repairing the set being that old, but he assure me it is a good set worth repairing. After two weeks he returned the set. The picture look fine except there is blue dot about the size of a quarter, with faint blue hortizontal line projecting out a few inches, in the center of my screen. The Tech is telling me that one of the guns/tubes is bad and needs to be replaced and want me to either live with the dot are spend more to fix it.

My questions are:

1. Should a TV service Tech been able to test the guns/tube before fixing the Stablizer?

2. If not, should he have been aware that when the stablizer went out it could have damaged the guns/tubes and warned me it was a possiblity and the costs could go up?

Thanks for your time.

Jeff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us